Chapter 24: New Year's party

It was December, Christmas had come and gone, and that meant that the new year was approaching and fireworks would be lit and great fountains of fire would make a bunch of noise to celebrate the coming of the new year.
Currently, max, Charlie, and vaggie were at a fireworks tent getting fireworks for a new year's celebration party.
"I feel like we should get one of these boxes with a bunch of different sized fireworks in them." Said max, picking up and showing one of the aforementioned boxes of fireworks.
"That seems like a good amount of fireworks for new years." Said Charlie, who grabbed a big fireworks fountain.
After putting the fireworks in a cart, max grabbed a few more fireworks, and max, Charlie, and vaggie went back to the hotel with the fireworks that they got from the fireworks tent.
When max, Charlie, and vaggie came to the hotel, max carried the fireworks that they bought from the tent into the hotel.
"We return from our trip with a ton of fireworks for the new year!" Announced max, who set down the fireworks he was holding onto one of the hotel's tables.
"Great, now we can have a wonderful New Year's party." Said alastor.
Suddenly, a letter came through the mail slot and flew right into max's hands.
"Who sent this letter and how did it get here?" Max said, confused about the random letter that came out of nowhere.
Max then opened the letter, and the letter explained that the rest of Charlie's family was coming over to the hotel, and that made max feel a little bit anxious about it.
"Holy shit, I have to show this to Charlie." Said max, who was staring at the letter.
And so, max went and showed Charlie the letter, which she also read.
"I feel that this could make our new years more enjoyable." Said Charlie, smiling that she was going to meet more of her family.
"If you say so, but I hope everything goes fine." Said max, hopeful about what happens.
Meanwhile, at the heavenly islands, god had notified Charlie's relatives that they were going to the hotel to meet both max and Charlie, and they were currently getting ready to open up a portal to the hotel.
What Charlie's relatives look like:

(A/n: just like the god design I used, the art shown is not mine, it belongs to voidseeker and Team seraphic sins on twitter

(A/n: just like the god design I used, the art shown is not mine, it belongs to voidseeker and Team seraphic sins on twitter.)
"Alright, So are we all ready to go to the hotel for new years?" Asked god.
"Yes," Said Joel, "let's just hope that everything is fine there."
And so, god opened a portal to Hawaii, and both he and Charlie's relatives went through it, and the portal took them to the front door of the hotel, which god knocked on.
"I'm Coming, Just gimme a minute!" Exclaimed max, who opened the door to see god and Charlie's relatives at the door.
"Oh hey, I knew you would come based on the letter, so come in." Said max, who was able to keep his composure and held the door open to let god and Charlie's relatives inside.
"Thanks, you seem to be a nice kid." Said Michael, who shook max's hand as he came in
In the hotel, there was a little bit of decorations and food for a small New Year's party, and vaggie was sitting on the hotel couch when she noticed Charlie's relatives.
"So you must all be related to Charlie, is that right?" Asked vaggie cautiously.
"Yes we are, and it's a pleasure to meet you." Said Michael, who was being kind to vaggie.
"Thanks, I'll go tell Charlie that you're all here." Said vaggie, who went off to tell Charlie about her relatives.
While vaggie went to notify Charlie, god wanted to ask max a question.
"So max, what were you planning to do for new years?" Asked god, interested in max's new year's plans.
"Nothing much, just going to light some fireworks and play Pink Floyd's dark side of the moon." Said max, pointing to the fireworks on the table.
"Great, that sounds like it could be something good to do." Said god, nodding his head at the thought.
Just then, another portal opened with Lucifer coming out of it, smiling knowingly and holding a letter of his own.
"Huh, I was wondering why I was sent this." Said Lucifer, chuckling and giving god a knowing look while sitting down on a chair.
Seeing what was going on, max immediately talked to one of Charlie's relatives to find out what was going on.
"Alright, what the hell is going on?" Asked max, who was really confused by what he was seeing.
"My brother was able to make up with each of us years ago and he's known what father tends to write when he sends a letter." Said Michael, who explained what was going on to max.
"Okay, I'm just going to get some stuff ready for new years while you all hang around, if you don't mind." Said max, who left to make sure things don't get awkward for himself.
When max went off, Charlie came in and greeted each of her relatives with glee and happiness in her eyes.
"Hello there, it's nice meeting you all." Said Charlie, shaking each of her relatives hands and being friendly to them.
"It's nice to meet you too, Charlie, especially since this is the first time we get to meet each other." Said Michael, who reciprocated Charlie's handshake.
After Charlie had introduced herself to her relatives, max came back with a lighter and mosquito coils for the fireworks and had his phone set to a YouTube video for Pink Floyd's dark side of the moon.
"Alright I'm back, and I've got stuff for lighting the fireworks." Said max, showing the mosquito coils.
"Great, but why don't you just use the lighter?" Said Lucifer.
"Because mosquito coils work amazingly for lighting up fireworks, and mosquitoes won't be around because of the smell they give off." Said max while breaking a piece of mosquito coil and lighting it.
And so, it was about time to start lighting fireworks, and everyone started to light their own, each with their own piece of mosquito coil to light them, and each firework that was lit made plenty of loud noises and bright, colorful lights that glowed in the night sky came out of them.
After all the fireworks were lit, max decided to celebrate the new year by playing a Pink Floyd album.
The Pink Floyd album max played:

While the album was playing, max vibed along to each song as they played and he even sung along to a few of the songs that he knew the lyrics to.
When the album was finished, everyone had a good time with the party, and when the party was done, god and Charlie's relatives went back to the heavenly islands, while max said goodbye to each of them.
"Goodbye, the music was good." Said god, closing the portal as he left.
And so, Lucifer went back to the hell isles, and max went to bed thinking about what was going to happen in the new year as New Year's Day arrived.
(Happy New Year, have a new chapter to celebrate. I hope you all have a wonderful new year's celebration. Feel free to comment your opinion on this chapter. I'll see you on the dark side of the moon and in the new year.
Until next time,
Doomfan808~)