The Scar

Ok, last chapter took a lot out of me and thankfully I had time to recover from it, thats why this is late.

I hope no one hates me for what I wrote but I mostly went off the The Help book and if you know the scene then great!

Was the rating correct? If not tell me and I'll change it to the correct rating.

This chapter has a lot of medical terms and equipment some of which are made up or not even remotely accurate. Bare with me.

Anyways, on to the next chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seokjin stares at Jungkook with wide eyes.

"You smelt what?" He asked in a shocked whisper, Taehyung is still asleep upstairs.

"Mercury. I'm sure of it."

Seokjin just shakes his head. "Mercury doesn't have a smell to it, Kook. Whatever you smell couldn't be mercury and even if it was, Taehyung will be showing signs of sickness and he's not. He's perfectly healthy."

"So was my cub, yet she's dead. Please, hyung. Just, at least humor me and do some test." Jungkook gave his hyung scared eyes, eyes that could give anyone in to his words.

"I can't do such a thing."

Jungkook looks down but Seokjin sighed, knowing his answer will bring back the hope in his eyes. "But Joonie can. He was a science major in college."

Jungkook smiles at his hyung and giving him a hug. "I'll go get him."

~~Ten Minutes Later~~

"Do you have the sample?" Namjoon asked as he cleans out his equipment.

"Yes I got it. I'm just glad Tae didn't wake up, he's very ticklish." Jungkook hands over a small container with a swab inside. "All I had to do was rub this against the scar right?"

Namjoon nods. "Yes, the swap will collect any residue on or around the scars. The machine will find anything from germs to puss! By the way, what exactly am I looking for?"

In order to not scare the poor male, Seokjin decided to turn it into an educational experience for him. "Well, whatever the machine finds. Remember, just because you're out of college doesn't mean the learning stops. So use everything you need to find anything."

Seokjin kissed Namjoon's forehead. "Alright. I just ask since every machine does different things. One looks for sickness, another poisons, this one looks for internal damages, like how dogs do."

Jungkook nods his head. "That's great, for no reason at all start with that one. It seems harder."

Namjoon looks at his maknae in suspicion before he smiled. "It is! I see you've been studying my notes I gave you."

Jungkook smiled with his teeth as Namjoon rubs his hair. "Right 'O."

Namjoon makes his way around the machines and gently placed the swab inside the casing. "Alright, this will be about two hours before the results come in. You see, the machine will use the UV light to gently clean the particles from the swab and 'scan' them, each individually, so we'll get a more accurate result. Did you know that every particle holds their own..."

"Joonie, you know we love your fun facts, but it's passed midnight. Why don't we go to bed and come back when the machine is finished."

Jungkook was glad Seokjin was able to stop the rambles of his mate. When it comes to math and science Joon is the fact guy.....who doesn't know when to shut up.

"Alright, you do have a point. I was asleep but then you guys showed up for this little experiment. Kookie, you coming upstairs for bed?" Namjoon asked by the basement door, where his science stuff is being held.

Jungkook shakes his head. "I can't sleep."

"Well, the machine won't find anything for the next five hours and unless it catches something deadly it won't...."

Beep Beep. Beep Beep. Beep Beep.

"...come up with anything." Namjoon was shocked to hear the beeping of the machines.

"What is it? Is it dangerous! Is it a poison! Can we get rid of it!?" Jungkook was eager to know what the results showed and if it was the cause for his cub's death.

"Wow, Kook. You seem almost...scared. Should I be worried?" Namjoon asked as a printer finished the results.

"Of course not. Unless that paper says otherwise. By the way, what does it say." Jungkook started to bite his finger nails.

"Ok." Namjoon started to read the paper. "Well, there's inflammation which we already know. A bit of scarring tissues and evidence of puss drainage. It also found...."

Jungkook looks at Namjoon who went pale. "What. What is it?"

Namjoon gulps. "Well, ok good news. It won't hurt your mate in any way shape of form."

"What is it?"

"It's mercury. It seems that the iron brand could've been laced in it, but like I said! It won't harm him." Namjoon didn't really catch himself backing away from the walking forward King. Seokjin watched from the door, he can sense the lion is just frightened for his mate so no harm is coming to Namjoon.

"What does it harm?" Jungkook held Namjoon by the shoulder with fear and sadness in his eyes. Namjoon gulped before speaking.

"Have you noticed the placement of the scar? It wasn't just a way to harm him mentally. The word SLUT is just a gag to the guy responsible, but the real damage is internal. The mercury is settled inside his womb. That's why your daughter...." Namjoon stopped his explanation when Jungkook let his shoulders go.

"The womb is only covering the inner layer which the baby doesn't touch till the second trimester."

Jungkook sat down on the closest stool. His heart sank to his stomach. My baby. Was murdered?

"It's not reversible is it."

Namjoon looks at his mate who stares back at him with remorse. "I'm sorry Kook. The placement of the mercury will allow Taehyung to continue getting pregnant but they will die by the fourth month once they touch the edge of the womb."

Jungkook just stayed in his chair. Thinking. Normally with such news he would become angry and go on a killing spree, but now he just wants to be with his mate.

"Thank you." Gently giving Namjoon a pat on the shoulder he leaves the basement not forgetting to give Seokjin a small smile. Making his way upstairs, Jungkook opened his bedroom door to see a still sleeping Taehyung.

Getting under the covers and holding his mate close, he whispered in Taehyung's ear. "I'll protect you from everything. Even if it kills me."

Seok-woo is getting stronger, he even has pack of wolves working with him. Jungkook knows if he ever brings the fight to the man, he, himself will surely die.

And he's ready for it.

~~~~~~~

Words: 1125

I know mercury making contact with the human skin will cause them to get sick and even cancer but this is fanfiction. Plus the science stuff was real so why should logic?

Seok-woo obviously designed the mercury poison to only attack the womb and nothing around it. I should probably mention that males have wombs and can get pregnant like women but some end up being straight and don't use the womb. I should but I already written it here so, *blows raspberry*

I hope this was ok, it seems that future chapters are just going to stay sad. The next one, based one what I am thinking about right now, is going to be EXTRA ANGST in a bad way.

Vote and Comment.