Chapter XXX

Harry's POV:

Nerves surged through my body as we walked along the coastline of the beach, on our way back to the hotel. I'm just praying that Lexi doesn't suspect anything, she can't know what I have planned for her. Imagine if she didn't like it? What if she thought I was cringe? No Harry, stop thinking like this, I'm sure she'll like it no matter what.

As I took her hand in mine, I felt my forehead beginning to sweat. Luckily, Lexi had her eyes locked on the ocean view in front of her, so I had time to wipe my forehead and take deep breaths, without her noticing. I knew I loved this girl, and I knew she loved me back, but I still wasn't sure if what I was about to do was the right thing. Surely she'll be happy, right?

Back to Lexi's POV:

I felt tears exiting my eyes as I scanned around the room: roses and love hearts were scattered randomly around the villa, while a trail of sweet smelling candles lit up the room, creating a pathway which led outside. I turned back and gave Harry a warm smile, before he signalled me to walk forward and follow the path.

Walking along the path, my mind filled with confusion, what on earth was going on? Why would he do all this for me? Curiously, I continued to follow the path, occasionally scanning my surroundings for anything unusual.

Eventually, I reached the end of the path, which led me to be standing by the side of the pool but facing the sunset infront of me. I was confused. Why would the path suddenly end here? Was it just to admire the sunset? Even if it wasn't I took the time to appreciate the magnificent view in front of me.

As I gazed into the sky infront of me, I felt a gentle arm wrap around my shoulder. "It's beautiful isn't it? Harry whispered calmly, making me feel even more safe. "Yeah, it's amazing, and I'm so glad I get to see it with you of all people." I felt my cheeks go red as I turned to face him. He let go of my shoulder and brought his hands down to my waist and he went to face me. "I'm glad I get to spend this time with you too. I- I.." Harry suddenly looked flustered, but I couldn't tell what was wrong with him.

"You okay?" I asked, but he just took a deep breath and smiled at me.

"Yeah, sorry it's just-  you know what, fuck the long message I had for you, I just wanna tell you this. Lexi, I hope you appreciate what iv done and I'm hoping we can go on like this for the foreseeable future. I love you with all my heart."

I felt tears forming in my eyes again as i realised what was about to happen. Before I had the chance to react, he said it.

"Lexi.... Will you marry me?"

I clasped my hand over my mouth as I stood, speechless. I couldn't believe this was happening right now. 10 years ago I would see this as heaven, but not actually expect it to happen. Harry, my high school sweetheart and the one iv known for my whole life actually proposed to me.

I realised that I'd been stood there a solid minute before I had the chance to reply, I was just so shocked.

"Yes, of course il marry you."

Sorry people I ran out of ideas on what to write so I had to wrap it up! I'm going to be writing a new story which will be out on Friday (March 8th)! It's called "crawling back to you" and it's also a Harry Lewis fan fiction and will be a lot longer than this story!

Thank u so much to everyone reading this I really appreciate it <33

I may also release some bonus chapters for this story soon :)