Chapter X

"We do indeed." I replied, before we both burst into a nervous laugh, from how awkward the moment was. As I glanced from his face, to the floor, and back to his face again, I jokingly questioned him, "so, how's things been without me?". He smiled began to slowly fade as he gently crafted his response. Then, he croaked "I guess it's been alright... iv just been sat in my room doing youtube....and..drinking alcohol every once in a while."

For some reason that topic seemed to hurt him deeply, and I wasn't sure why. Could it be that he missed me? No. Of course not. Otherwise he wouldn't have left without me or broken up with me. Instead, I just mumbled a quiet "alright" before attempting to change the subject to something else.

As the date went on, I began to realise that although he had changed on the outside, he was still the same loving, autistic Harry I always knew. It was like he never moved back to Guernsey, as our conversations continued to keep flowing through. Over the course of the date, we kept pouring our hearts out about our greatest desires, whilst still listening and understanding one another. Eventually, we both forgot about the time, because we were signalled by the camera man that the date was over. Harry pulled me into a tight hug, before I turned around to leave. However, as I did so, he grabbed my hand before leaning over to whisper into my ear, so nobody else could hear: "when the video's over, wait backstage. I'll be there as soon as possible." I gave a gentle nod before smiling at him, as I walked off the set, towards backstage where he told me to wait.
***

After what felt like forever, I saw a tall, slim man turn around the corner, heading straight towards me. I could tell this was Harry; I could tell by his fluffy blonde hair and his deep,blue eyes. As he saw me, a smirk widely spread across his face before he opened his mouth to speak: "I knew you would wait. Sorry I took so long, the dates took a long time to complete." I gently smiled as I replied back: "it's okay, what did you want me to wait for anyway?"

His eyes wandered towards the ceiling as he tried to remember what he was about to say, then he spoke, "do you want to meet up with me and the sidemen tonight? We're going to a restaurant and everyone seems to have a friend, except me."

A friend. I knew I was reading the signals wrong. I knew we were nothing more but it still hurt me to see the words come out of his mouth. I smiled through gritted teeth, as I replied "sure, what time?"

"6:30, I'll pick you up from Jj's at 6 though. He told me you were staying at his after what happened with Simon. I'm really sorry about that." He gave a small smile, almost as if he was trying to be sincere and caring. I acknowledged him before pulling him into a small hug, trying to comprehend how and why he would invite me to a restaurant, even though he had plenty of other friends. Then, as we pulled away, we both exited the building together, going our separate ways.

***

I spent hours perfecting my makeup, as well as applying false lashes and curling my hair, before I fastened it into a bun. This night needed to be perfect, and I needed a perfect outfit to match it. Stressed and anxious, I scrolled through my wardrobe, puzzled on what to wear. That was when I saw a charcoal dress, with a cross neck style top. This was perfect. My outfit was complete. Then, since I had around 10 minutes before setting off, I managed to take a couple of selfies of myself (with one being posted onto my insta), and I set off to the restaurant, with Jj driving me.

 Then, since I had around 10 minutes before setting off, I managed to take a couple of selfies of myself (with one being posted onto my insta), and I set off to the restaurant, with Jj driving me