Chapter XXI

Simon instantly let go of me as he turned to Talia, giving her a sympathetic look. "It's not what it looks like, I swear. Lexi tried attacking me and I pinned her to the wall to stop her."

Talia gave a curious look, before turning to me, "Lexi, can you give me your side of the story?."

I nodded pleadingly as I croaked, "Simon dragged me and Harry apart just so he could make a move on me. He tried to kiss me and I didn't want him to."

Talia instantly pulled me into a bear hug, before turning to Simon and punching him in the lip. "That'll teach you to not lie to me. I know what happened you dick, I heard it all outside and wondered if you would lie to me. How could you even do that to her."

Simon's eyes began to swell as he clasped his hands together, almost to beg for her forgiveness, "Talia, I'm sorry, I really am."

"Sorry isn't enough, we're done."

Talia grabbed my hand before dragging me out of the room, and heading straight towards mine. Then, as we entered, she grabbed a box of tissues laid on the side and handed them to me. "It's okay girl, I'm here. If he tries to harm you again then let me know."

I leant onto Talia's shoulder before breaking down into tears. "Th- thank you girl."

We both sat there for a decent while before she began to speak again, "come on, let's have a girls only night. I have nowhere to stay since I was staying with Simon anyway, so is it okay if I stay here?"

I excitedly nodded as she headed for the door, going to fetch her belongings. I'm sure we can all agree that everyone needs a Talia in their life.

***

We had finally arrived at the airport, and somehow I still hadn't found the time to speak to Harry. I wondered if he found out about what had happened, or if he genuinely just didn't want to talk to me for the sake of his and Simon's friendship. Luckily, I had Talia though, so I could sit next to her on the flight.

As we sat down on the plane, Harry and Ethan sat in front, whereas Simon and Josh sat in front of them and Freya and Faith sat behind us. They all broke into conversation before Talia turned to me, "you okay girl? We need to talk to him soon so we can tell him what happened and resolve everything."

"Yeah, I'm fine i guess, and I know, I'll do it when we get back."

Talia nodded before plugging in her AirPods and nodding off to sleep. I was tempted to do the same, but instead, I decided to just stare out of the window instead.

Several hours into the flights, the boys in front broke into an intense conversation, and I just infer what it was about.

"Yo Simon mate why you not sat next to your girlfriend?" Josh curiously asked.

"We broke up last night. It's complicated, I don't wanna talk about it."

I could tell Ethan's ears pricked at the sentence, because he leant forward before he quietly spoke, almost making sure that Harry couldn't hear, even though he clearly could, "Has it by any chance got something to do with Lexi. I could kinda hear you both through the walls yesterday, and it didn't sound good."

Simon lowered his tone of voice before replying: "okay so, Lexi made a move on me and Talia got the wrong end of the stick. It's nothing important, really."

Talia and Harry suddenly leant forward, eager to hear what else he had to say. However, Talia shot Simon a death glare, forcing him to be quiet before she was about to angrily speak, "actually, that didn't happen at a-."

Ethan interrupted Talia with a concerned tone of voice. He covered Harry's ears before beginning to speak, "mate don't lie to us, I spoke to Lexi before and she said she hated your guts and liked someone else." Ethan winked at Josh before side eyeing Harry as he uncovered Harry's ears. I leant forward, to engage in the conversation as I impatiently waited for Simon's reply.

"I dunno, I just guess she missed me that's all."

I felt my blood boil as i raised my tone of voice, causing our group to get curious stares from across the plane, "you liar, I told you to stop fucking around with mine and Harry's lives and you tried to kiss me. Talia walked in and saw you. Don't even try to get your way out of this."

Harry raised an eyebrow, before leaning forward to question Simon. "Is this true?"

Simon completely ignored Harry, before turning around and plugging his AirPods in. Josh shrugged at Harry before also turning back around.

Ethan turned me as Harry dozed off into his own thoughts, before turning to whisper to me, "don't worry, it's only a matter of time before Harry comes around now, there's nothing stopping any of you." He winked as me before Talia playfully punched me. I turned around to face the window again as I zoned out.

Will Harry actually talk to me now, or will he side with Simon?