Chapter I

As I stepped outside, I felt the crispy but refreshing breeze softly pressing against my face. My feet softly sank into the snow as I tiptoed my way over to the car where Simon was waiting. As I crept my way over, he gave me an irritated look: "we haven't got all day Lexi, i need to get to a meeting in 20 minutes!" I rolled my eyes sarcastically and I replied "alright fine drama queen, we only live 10 minutes away". Eventually, I stepped into the car, where we set off to get the 'important meeting'.

As the music blasted through the car, a curious thought crossed my mind. "Simon, what even is the meeting for".

"I've told you multiple times it's for my youtube group called the sidemen".

"But, what even is the sidemen?"

"It's a group me and my friends made for fun, but somehow we got famous from it. Please stop asking questions it's really annoying".

I frowned as I silently nodded, turning my head to gaze out of the window and zone out into a world of peace. Simon gave a slight glance, almost like he regretted the response he gave to me before turning back to focus on driving. 

***

Finally we arrived. Simon rapidly stepped out of the car, almost like we were running several hours late, even though we were 5 minutes early. "Holly hurry up we are going to be late".

"Calm down we are 5 minutes early".

Simon glared furiously before turning to walk into the building, completely leaving me to walk inside on my own.

As I reached the building, I felt several eyes fall onto me, three of which I recognised as Josh, Jj and Tobi. Jj strolled excitedly up to me, before pulling me into a hug. "Hey Lexi, how have you been? Is everything between you and Simon alright?"

"Y-yeah, I guess so, he's just been in a mood these past couple of days, I don't know why".

"Ah, don't worry about it he's just stubborn, I'm sure he'll come around".

I gave a gentle smile before quietly replying "thanks". Before I had to chance to say anything else, a deafening shout came from the opposite side of the room: it was the manager of the sidemen. "Right, is everyone here? We all know Harry can't make it today so there is only 7 of us, including me". Everyone replied with "yes" before turning to walk towards the door, leaving me to sit and wait on the sofa outside the meeting room. As I sat and drowned into my own thoughts, I began to wonder, who was Harry? I'd met everyone in the sidemen except him. I guess it was just a part of luck that whenever I came with Simon, he was never there. However, my thoughts were soon disturbed when the rest of the sidemen came flooding out of the meeting room, beaming with happiness.