Chapter XVI

As I was about to walk into my hotel room. I stopped at the door. "F*ck! I forgot my phone." I exclaimed, before I darted back down the stairs to the restaurant to get it.

When I returned, I stepped into my hotel room,but for some reason, everything looked different. Several hoodies were scattered all over the bed while a strange, rose suitcase stood upright in the corner of the room. A small, slim figure stood at the opposite end of the room, shirtless. It took me several moments until I realised what was going on. I had walked into the wrong room, and to make it worse, it was Harry's. Embarrassed, I turned to leave but unfortunately he noticed me before I could escape. He put on his iconic, azure hoodie before heading straight over to me, grabbing my arm to make sure I didn't leave. "Hey Lexi, you ok? You can stay in here if you want. I don't mind."

Of course I couldn't say no. I could take this as an opportunity to finally confess my feelings, especially because we were alone. So, I smiled awkwardly before saying "sure, I don't mind staying in here for a while."

I took a seat on his bed. He laid beside me as he turned on the Tv, onto the football. Of course he was a Chelsea fan, so we watched Chelsea vs Arsenal. Arsenal scored and Harry let out an annoyed groan, "f*ck, how are we losing 5 nil at half time. It's pathetic."

I had to laugh, "sounds like a skill issue to me mate."
Harry playfully punched me in the arm, before standing up and heading towards the balcony. I assumed he wanted fresh air, especially after getting annoyed about his team losing.

I joined him, resting my arms on the white, smooth surface on the balcony and gazing down onto the beauty below me. I felt his eyes turn to me as though he was about to speak, but instead he turned his head back to face the ground below, like he was uncertain of what to say. "Is everything ok?" I curiously questioned, before he nervously mumbled, "yeah, it just seems so bizarre how close we've come in the recent months, especially after not seeing each other in so many years."

I sighed gratefully, as I replied: "I know, it's almost as if you never moved back to Guernsey. I really missed you, you know."

He turned to me before smiling, "I missed you too."

I felt the tension in the air rise as I turned to stare into his deep, blue eyes. My heart began to pound in my chest as butterflies erupted in my stomach. I could feel the same electric connection between us as the night we first met, after so many years. I couldn't tell if he felt the same way, but I knew I had to act on instinct. I felt us slowly drawing closer as my breathing became faster and faster. Then, we became so close that I could smell his perfume, along with hearing his shallow breathing. Finally, I felt his lips gently pressing against mine, causing my cheeks to blush a bright red, and my knees to feel weak. It took several seconds before we both pulled away, captivated by the moment. We both stood, smiling at each other before heading back inside, where I heard a door click shut.