Chapter XVIII

As my eyes gently fluttered open, I lazily stretched over to my phone and read the time. 11:30. Jesus, I really was tired. I knew I'd probably missed breakfast, and everyone had probably gone out without me, so I decided to get changed and ready in my own time.

I slipped on some loose, azure jeans and a plain, crystal crop top, along with briefly doing my makeup and leaving my hair down. I remembered that I hadn't posted on my insta recently, so I decided to take for pics for that. Then, I decided to wander to a nearby shop to get some breakfast.

 Then, I decided to wander to a nearby shop to get some breakfast

***

As I arrived at the shop, I was met with several options: cereal, sandwiches or light snacks such as crisps. I decided to go with a bacon breakfast wrap, along with a packet of salt and vinegar crisps. As I headed over to pay, I accidentally bumped into someone. I didn't recognise them at first, but as they turned round, I realised immediately who it was. Simon.

"Hey Lexi, where were you last night? I've been meaning to talk to you." He said in a worried voice.

As I scanned my food on the self - checkout, I quickly glanced at him as I replied, "sorry, I was... out getting snacks for tomorrow. I also somehow managed to skip breakfast, since I slept in, so that's why I'm here."

He nodded at me before staring at the floor. "I know what Talia told you. I'm sorry. I just couldn't find the time to tell her."

I pulled out my wallet to get my card, but just as I did, I glared back at him, angrily. "So you couldn't find the time to tell her you had a girlfriend but you could find the time to tell her you were single? Don't even try to get your way out of this. It's not ok you cheated in the first place."

I could tell Simon was lost for words, because he continued to stare down the floor, struggling on what to say.

As I finished paying for my food, I grabbed it and stormed off, leaving him to think about his actions.

***

I was sat in my hotel room, bored out of skin. I'd literally been sat in there all day, either watching TV or scrolling on TikTok on my phone. I hadn't even spoken to anyone since Simon. The one thing I usually did in this occasion would be to exercise, and luckily for me there was a gym downstairs, so I began to rapidly get ready. I fastened on a white crop top, covered with a white jacket. I slipped on some plain black leggings before grabbing my water bottle. Then, I began to head for the gym.

As I plugged in my AirPods, I began to drown into the motivation of getting fit

As I plugged in my AirPods, I began to drown into the motivation of getting fit. Of course I was a footballer, so I needed to be fit anyway.

As I laid down to bench lift an 80kg weight, I felt somebody hovering over me, but they were stood behind me so I couldn't see them.

I took out my earphones to head Ethan's voice, and he was asking if I needed any help. I sternly replied with "no thanks, but thanks for the offer," before sitting up and taking a sip of my drink. I could tell he knew something was up with me, because he came and sat on the other side of the bench, instead of walking away.

He gave me a concerned look. "Is everything ok? I can tell something's bothering you."

I knew if I denied it, he would continue to ask. And he was Harry's best friend after all, so what was the harm in telling him? I gazed back and him, trying to compose myself before completely breaking down to him. "It's everything. Look, Harry and me kissed last night, but I know I can't be with him because of Simon. He told me I wasn't allowed to date him because it would ruin his and Harry's friendship. But yet again, Simon lied to me. He told Talia that he was single before cheating on me. I don't know what to do or who to trust. I love Harry."

His jaw dropped as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, attempting to comfort me. "Just ignore Simon, there's nothing he can do about it if he let you go. He can't stop you from following your heart."

I attempted to force a smile before hugging Ethan. "Thanks."

Ethan smiled back before Sarcastically replying with, "no problem, I should be a therapist."

He both let out a brief laugh before we headed out of the gym.

As I reached my hotel room, I heard him shout to me across the corridor, "go get him lass!" Before turning to enter his room.

I smiled to myself, and I knew what I had to do.