Chapter XXII

2 weeks later

Bored out of my mind, I lazily laid on my bed, scrolling on my phone. By this time, I'd managed to find an apartment to rent and temporarily moved in, until I could find a house to permanently move into. Harry still hadn't spoke to me, but I still kept a spark of hope that one day we would. Luckily, I was planning on meeting Josh, Freya, Faith and Ethan tonight, as it was Ethan's birthday tomorrow. I was sure that Harry would be there. He had to be. I could use this as an opportunity to finally get him to speak to me again.

Excitedly, adrenaline poured through me as I tossed my phone to the side. Then, I slipped from my bed and scrolled through my wardrobe to find a blue, sparkly dress; I slipped in on without a second thought and began to get ready.

***

As I stepped into the room (which I assumed to be a mix of a club and a pub), several eyes fell onto me, but mine only fell onto Harry, who seemed to be lost in thought as he gazed at me, completely unaware that i was glaring back at him. As i strolled over to the group of people containing Harry, Freya, Josh, Faith and Ethan, Harry realised that i had been glancing over at him, which led him to turn away and pretend to be in conversation as i drew closer and closer.

"Hey Lexi, want anything to drink?" Freya called from a distance as she joyfully skipped towards me, pulling me into a warming hug.

I smiled back as I replied "sure, I'll have a Bloody Mary please."

Immediately, Freya darted over to the bar as I joined the rest, before she almost instantly came back, holding my drink in one hand while keeping her own drink In the other. "Only Bloody Mary for the one and only Lexi."

I gave out a brief laugh before taking the drink out of my hand and taking a small sip. "Thanks Freya."

"Anything for my best friend. Hey, look who's behind you."

Curious and confused, I turned around, only to see the one person I thought was reluctant to speak to me: Harry.

He attempted to force a warm smile, even though I could tell he was nervous on the inside. "Hey Lexi, I was wondering if we could talk, alone."

I gave him a puzzled look before replying "sure."

He led me to the back corner of the bar, where I put down my drink on the nearby table, after finishing it.

"So- I I just wanted to say I'm sorry for ghosting you. I know I should've just told you straight away but the only reason why I ignored you was because Simon told me to stay away from you." He gave me a sincere but nervous look.

"It's fine, I totally understand we both heard what happened on the plane and i think it's best if we leave that in the past."

He nodded before offering to give me a hug. I smiled before collapsing into his veiny, soft arms, allowing them to wrap around me like hugging a teddy bear. Then, he let go.

"I really missed you, you know. It was quite hard to stop my autistic mouth from talking to you. But iv had enough of doing what other people want instead of doing what I want to do."

Proudly, I smiled at him, before replying. "It's fine, honestly. I know how it feels and I'm glad you've finally took control of what you want to do. We can put this behind us hopefully and start a new chapter."

"Hopefully."

We both glanced into each other's eyes before returning to the others.

Nothing will break us apart. Again.