Chapter IX

***
(Several weeks later)

As I was laid on my bed, I felt a gentle knock on my door. "Come in!" I shouted before the door flung open, revealing Jj standing in the doorway. He opened his mouth to speak as he walked closer towards me, "hey, do you want to be a part of a sidemen video? We are doing a 20 vs 1 with Harry. I know you don't know him, but trust me he's a nice guy."

I look at him,puzzled, before remembering that nobody has actually seen me interact with Harry, never mind that we used to be 'childhood sweethearts'. But, it would be a good idea to play along with it, so I agreed "sure, it sounds like fun. When is it?"

"Tomorrow, 2pm, I'm glad you want to come. Just make sure you're ready. I know how unprepared you can be." Jj let out a short laugh, forcing a smile onto my face. Then, he left the room, leaving me to simmer in my own thoughts.

***

The day had arrived and as I stepped into the car, I felt a shockwave of nerves flush over my body. "What about Simon? I don't want him getting jealous even though we broke up almost a month ago."

Jj smiled, almost like he knew the question was coming, "don't worry, he's not coming today. I made sure of it."

Relived, I said "thanks Jj." He acknowledged me before beginning to drive. I sat back in my seat and zoned out into my thoughts, trying to defeat the nervousness I was feeling.

***

It was my turn next. I was petrified incase I messed up my lines or I made a fool of myself. I revised what I was going to say in my head, over and over again, forbidding the words from leaving my mind. Then, I was called up by the camera man and it was my time to go.

Attempting to look confident, I stepped out into a room full of whitewashed walls, feeling like I was being watched from every angle. As I approached Harry, he stood, shocked, almost trying to figure out why I was here. But then, his expression suddenly changed into a warm smile. I knew this was my time to speak, so I said, "hi, I'm Lexi and I'm 25 from Bromley." He stared into my aqua eyes, almost trying to read what I was thinking; I stared back, awaiting his response and praying he would accept me. Then, he opened his mouth: "hey, it's lovely to meet you. I'd love to say yes." After, he winked at me, almost signalling for me to play along (pretending that we didn't know each other). I beamed back at him before walking back towards the camera man, where the other girls participating in the video stood.

Eagerly, they approached me, desperate to see what Harry had said to me. Calmly, I replied with "he said yes," attempting not to give away the fact that we already knew each other. As I got lost into more conversations, hours must've passed because I was soon called up for my 'date' with Harry. I felt my body shivering as I quickly strolled up to the chairs, where he was stood, awaiting my presence.

As I approached him, he welcomed me with a beaming smile as he grappled me into a hug - I could smell his perfume, intoxicating my lungs as I rested my chin against his soft, oversized white hoodie. Then, he pulled away before signalling me to take a seat on the leather, puffy chairs; he took the seat opposite me. As he opened his mouth to speak, I noticed his cheeks begin to turn as red as a rose, almost as if he was nervous about what he was going to say: "we meet again, Lexi."