The beginning (backstory)

(9 years ago)

Life was perfect; it was almost like the angels from above had given me a perfect life. I had a loving boyfriend, the highest grades and was beaming with confidence (the only downside was that my parents both passed away when I was 7). But, as they say, all good things must come to an end. So, here's my story on how my life went from perfect to misery.

It all started back in year 11, when I was 16. I (Lexi) grew up in Bromley (in London) and I'd always been chased by an ugly, weird boy from my primary school, known as Harry Lewis. Words cannot describe how annoying I used to find him, and if I could find one word to describe him, it would be autistic. However, after moving to Guernsey after primary and back to London in year 11, I don't know what milk he has been drinking but he came back as a completely different person. When I say this, I mean he was the most handsome man I'd ever laid eyes upon, and luckily for me, he still had a crush on me after all these years. So, I seized my chance at dating him and it turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life. We were inseparable and were connected like magnets. We actually had everything in common and spent all of our free time together. Well, that was until he had to move back to Guernsey (again), and unfortunately, it was the last time I ever saw him.

***

Several years had passed, and my mind kept wandering to where Harry was and if he even remembered me. Well, that was until I met Simon.

Around four years later, my best friend - Freya - invited me to a festival. Even though I hated festivals and was reluctant to go, I still went for the sake of it. However, it turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life - or so I thought; since Freya was dating Josh, she introduced me to his friends and as you can tell, one happened to be Simon. As the night went along, me and Simon began to grow closer and closer, until the night was over and he offered me his phone number.

We began to see each other all the time: days turned into weeks and then into months and we had still stayed in touch, until he asked me out during a date and I said yes. Since then, we had been dating and inseparable since, or so I thought.