Chapter XXVI

Lazily, I strolled over to the ferris wheel; I was already exhausted as we had spent over 3 hours in the theme park, but Harry still seemed to be full of energy.

"You sure you can last another ride?" Harry muttered.

"I can last forever, don't worry." I laughed back at him.

"Hmm.... We'll have to test that later." He laughed while winking at me. I playfully punched him in the shoulder while trying not to blush, "we will indeed."

As we climbed onto the ferris wheel, I felt Harry's leg brushing against mine, as he took a seat opposite me. I felt him gazing into my eyes as I scanned outside, slowly seeing more and more of London as we ascended. "It's a great view isn't it?" I turned to Harry as I awaited his reply.

"Yeah, but not as good as the one in front of me." He continued to glare into my eyes as I could sense a shockwave of nervousness running through him.

I gave a brief laugh, "I'd say the same about you."

Then, I felt a gentle hand brush against my thigh, before Harry leaned in, "I've been wanting to ask you something for a while, but I'm not sure how to say it."

I gave him a puzzled look before raising an eyebrow.

Then, as the ferris wheel reached the top, the words slurred out as he stuttered to me, "would.... Would you like to be m- my girlfriend."

I felt his scanning my face, trying to read my expression as a mischievous smile crept upon my face. "Yes, obviously".

Harry seemed to relax after that, and as he pulled me into a hug, I could smell the sweet smell of his aftershave, as well as the warmth of his body. Then, he planted a gentle kiss on my lips as we both began to glance outside, admiring the view.

As the ferris wheel came to a stop, i began to mutter, "want to go home?"

"Yeah, I'm ready to go home now."

Harry wrapped his arm around my waist as we both strolled out of winter wonderland, exhilarated by what had just happened.

***
*boxing day*

Walking into the sidemen shoot I felt several eyes fall onto me, one specifically being Simon. I was unsure why but I soon figured that Harry must've told them on their group chat. Josh pulled me into a warm hug as I made my way towards the sofa, before he whispered into my ear "congrats on you and Harry, just make sure you treat him right." He gave out a small laugh before I reassured and thanked him.

As I collapsed onto the sofa, the room fell silent as Kon (the cameraman) entered. "Right, so today we are filming the £1000 car challenge, and I need to split you all into teams. Since Jj and Tobi aren't here this shouldn't be too hard as there's an even number. Simon and Josh go together, Harry and Lexi and Vik and Ethan." We all made our way to our partners and I felt a warm hand brush against my arm. Then, we made our way outside to begin shooting.

"Hello everyone and welcome to Sidemen £1000 car challenge! We've already sorted the teams and we just need to know what colour car we have. So, Kon, who do you want to pick first?"

Kon held a set of keys behind his back, each for a different coloured car. "Lexi, would you like to pick first?"

I took a deep breath before approaching him. He held out his hands "pick one". Nervously, I picked his left hand and he held out keys to an Audi car. Harry excitedly ran over to the cars, in order to figure out which one we had. Then, we came across a red Audi car, and as I tried the keys to it, they worked. Harry began to shriek happily as he examined the car. "Lexi I think you've won the jackpot with this one, the others looked shit anyway." I smiled as I walked back towards the others, exhilarated to see which cars they had; Vik and Ethan had picked out a yellow Mini whereas Simon and Josh had a blue Toyota.

Then, me and Harry climbed into the car as we raced off to Asda, in order to find our supplies needed to decorate the car.

***

As we entered Asda, Harry had already vanished from my side and entered the toy section. "Lexi can I get this orange monkey?" It was a monkey almost half the size of him, and he hung it loosely around his neck. "Ugh, fine, but we actually need to get supplies for the car." He smiled at me gratefully as we headed towards the DIY section.

"We should get this." I said as I showed him white graffiti. He nodded and we put it inside of a basket we'd picked up on the way. "Wait Lexi hold my monkey for a minute." Without warning he placed the monkey on my head as he went to pick up a car clamp. "Here, we can sabotage the other teams if they come near us."

"Harry I don't think they'll be in the rest of the video if we clamp their cars." I smiled at him as I gave him the monkey back and went to pick up a hammer. "Why don't we use this? We can destroy their cars if they come near us?."

"Good idea."

We both went to gather our supplies and left Asda. Then, we approached the car and got to work. Harry ended up painting a dick on the side of the car, which I had to paint over it incase we got pulled over for it. Then, he painted what looked like the person sat down on the side, almost to interpret what our bodies would look like when we were sat down.

"Wait Lexi look at this" he dragged me to the front of the car to reveal what looked like two towers and a plane. "HARRY NO" I leant onto my knees as I burst out laughing, along with the rest of the camera crew. "There's no way we can have that."

"Why not?"

"Probably because we'd get arrested if the police or anyone saw it".

He rolled his eyes at me "fine".

Eventually, we'd finished with our car and set off towards the destination, reaching it shortly before the others.