Chapter 22- Violeta.

My muscles are sore. It's a blissful pain I've never experienced before, and my senses are clouded. Bright morning light shines into the room as I remain sprawled on the sheets. I'm alone, and I don't need to open my eyes to know that.

Leo's frame takes up a good portion of the bed, and it's impossible to mistake his presence.

And I think I've become very accustom to his presence. As I shift on the sheets, my muscles feel weak and over worked.

"Did you sleep well, my Violet?" His warm voice pries my eyes open, and I instantly find him. Standing across the bedroom, he's leaning against the door frame, practically taking up the entire space. He's wearing a simple pair of trousers, and no shirt.

My knees feel weak just looking at him, and I'm not even standing. "I did." I finally respond. "How long have you been awake?"

"Since dawn." He speaks, pushing off the door frame and walking towards where I still lay naked on his bed. "I hope I did not wake you."

"You did not." My voice comes out breathy as he nears me, his eyes casted down to my frame. When his eyes meet mine again, I nearly whimper. Gosh, this is embarrassing. 

"Are you alright after last night? Do you need anything?" He gently sits on the edge of the bed, right by my hip. "Was I too rough with you?"

"No!" I quickly spout, and then correct myself, "No. I am fine." I clutch the sheet to my chest as he remains watching me.

"You speak the truth?" He asks softly, leaning in a bit.

"Yes. I am not harmed."

"Good." He says, and then he kisses me. First softly, then rougher, scraping his teeth against my lower lip and sliding his tongue along mine. It only takes moments before he is leaning over me, tugging the sheet away from my clenched fists and leaving me bare in his bed once again.

As I run my hands down his arms, I feel something rough, almost sharp. Pulling away from his kisses, which prove to be fairly difficult, I glance at his forearms. He curses as I stare at the almost translucent patches of scales that have formed on his skin.

"I'll have to return to the water shortly." He kisses my jaw as I slide my hands over the rough patches. It's nothing like I've ever felt before. "After killing the scyrcun, the ocean demands our presence. It is still mating season." He slides his tongue down my neck, bites at the skin, and then kisses further down. "But you, my dear, do not belong to the ocean."

His words flow to my ears, but they do not settle. All I hear is ocean something, mating season something. I would be more coherent, but his mouth has the ability to remove my senses. It's truly a despicable yet wonderful talent of his.

"Do you understand, my Violet?" He asks, lips brushing against my skin as he slides down my stomach, eyes flicking up to my face.

"Huh?" Is all I manage. Goodness, this really is inconvenient.

He grins, kissing just below my belly button. "I will have to return to the sea."

"Why?"

His grin grows larger, teasing and amused. "Because you are not of the ocean." He repeats himself, and I try to wrap my head around his words. I blink and squeeze my eyes shut, hands gripping into his hair to keep him from moving. 

"For how long?" I manage. He kisses my skin once more.

"I do not know."

I pout at the thought of him leaving again. The fear of another ship arriving while he is gone, well, it makes me want to crawl and hide under the bed I currently lay naked on.

"That is, unless you're willing to assist me."

I narrow my eyes at him as his fingers curl over my bare thighs. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Well," He starts, and then pauses, sliding a finger between my thighs. I whimper at the mix of pain and pleasure that rockets through my body. "The ocean requires my presence, and I require my mate. Mating season has just begun, so I will require more than just my hand, now that I have you, my Violet."

A sound that I attempt to muffle rises as his mouth lowers between my legs. "Do you understand what I ask of you?"

I focus on my breathing for a moment before I answer, but as his hands rise up to my breasts and play with the taught peaks, my words fall right off my tongue. "You.. you want me to-" My back arches off the bed as he sucks harder, his tongue moving in glorious circles that pull me ever closer to my release. Right as I feel the build forming, edging me closer and closer to what my body craves, he stops. He pulls away, and I nearly punch him.

He grins, easily grabbing my hands before I can push his head back down. "Come with me, only during the day. You will be cared for, in many ways." He speaks, glancing down between my legs at the mess he's created. Gently, he releases me hands and dips his head back down.

I could scream.

He resumes as he was, and instantly, I'm back on that edge. I try to force down the embarrassing noises that arise in my throat. He draws me in further, his hands squeezing and his mouth pulling me in, until I finally fall apart. My back arches off of the bed, and he latches between my legs, drawing out yet another intensified orgasm.

He pulls away once I can't take anymore, and licks his lips. "You can remain here at night, but I'm afraid I'll need you in the water with me during the day." He dips down again, his mouth closing over my breast as he pushes at my legs, spreading me wider. 

And then I feel the weight of him between my legs, pressing into me. My eyes roll closed as he pushes further, and fills me with one swift motion. He groans, a deep, guttural sound that could almost be a growl as I cry out into the crook of his neck.