Chapter 5 - Leomaris.

She vexes me.

This weak creature, of all things. It's almost unimaginable. I watch her run up the side of the beach, towards the grass. I'm not worried, I cannot even think. She has me entirely entranced. Her exposed legs, pale and yet so inviting. It took all my control to only grab her ankles. I wanted to do other things, things she'd most definitely never allow.

The way her messy blonde hair was spread across the sand, nearly the same color as the particles themselves. The way her chest rose and fell with her heavy breathing. The way her collarbones stand out along the line of her shoulders. Her white dress stuck to her skin and the water made the material almost sheer. I want to tear the stupid, pointless, cloth off her body.

I've always wanted to rip the material, to shred it up and make it unwearable. Especially in the English waters where she lived. On that dock, surrounded by flowers and clear water. I always prayed she would go further than she ever did.

She vexes me.

I cannot stand her.

Her head spins around, looking back at me with those warm brown eyes. I'm melting before her. "What the bloody hell are you?!" She shouts, continuing to take steps backwards. Christ, those legs. I can't stop staring. She's terrified of me, as she should be; and I'm stuck wanting to push that skirt up and cover her thighs with my mouth. As well as other areas.

"What are you?!" She yells again.

"Come here and I'll show you."

"No!" She says immediately. "This is a good distance! Explain from there!"

I don't speak for her. I ignore her continuous clamor as she sends questions flying my way. Does she not realize I am the more dominant species here? She has no room to send such accusations my way. I start to push back into the water. If she wants to ask questions about me, she'll have to figure them out herself.

"You're just going to leave?!" She shouts.

I nod and continue my decent back to the water. I duck my head under, and although I have full intentions of swimming away for now, every cell of my being is telling me to stay, to continue watching her. I want to keep watching her. I want to stare. I want to absorb her entirely, her entirety.

After a few minutes, she stands, walks back towards the beach. Is she coming back? Will she enter the water again? Could I touch her again?

She walks towards her dress. 

Oh. Of course.

She pulls the material back onto her body, followed by her shoes. The sun is starting to set now, and as she walks back up the beach and towards the old house, I stare at her retreating figure.

She'll come back for me. She has to, and if not, I'll go to her.