Chapter 6 - Violeta.

Of all the impudent things! Who does he think he is?! Does he think he is some saint?! A God, perhaps!!! No! He is.. awful! A monster! Horrifically unpleasing to look at! 

He's.. beautiful. My God, he's beautiful. He is exquisite. 

He is rude, yet charming. Ethereal. Intangible. 

What the hell!! No! He is vile! Vile! He performed such improper acts! Grabbed my legs! My waist! He.. looked at me. He looked at me differently than every man I've met. His eyes bored into mine with something I've never seen. 

And then it clicks. 

He is attractive. He seduced me. He pulled me into the water. I have been taught well over the years. I know enough Mythology to know what he is. A siren. He must be. A water nymph.. but.. I thought they were all women? Women who would lure men to their deaths by drowning them. I can't say I don't approve of their lifestyle. I wish I could of done the same to the Lord Hopkins.

This man will kill me. He will be the death of me.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious. Why would he speak to me? Why would he save me all those years ago? Why would he reveal himself to me? He must know I could tell people of him... not like anyone would believe me, but still! I could!

I'm so entranced by my thoughts I don't notice my open bedroom door until I enter. "Miss! Where have you been!? We've looked everywhere for you!" My head maid shouts.

I'm not in the mood to deal with this.

"You're soaked! What happened?!"

"I fell. Draw me a bath, Annie." Is all I say before I start stripping of my clothes. She doesn't say anything more as she gathers the supplies for my bath. I enter the bathroom off my bedroom, sinking into the warm water as Annie pours in some flower extract oil. The smell of honey and gardenia overwhelms my senses, and for a moment, the creature leaves my mind.

"Miss, a letter came for you today." She says as she hands me the paper. Pulling open the melted wax with my mother's signature stamp, I read the contents. 

           Dearest,

Emelia has delivered her first child, a boy. They've named him Elliot. Due to this, we have decided to take a vacation. We are coming to visit. We should arrive on the fortnight of the 3rd week. 

I look forward to seeing you,
         Mother.

You're joking. That's tomorrow. They arrive tomorrow. I'd rather jump into the ocean with the monster. "My family will arrive tomorrow." I mumble to the maid.

"Pardon?!" She whips around. "Tomorrow?!"

"That's what it says, yes."

I drop the paper into the water and sigh, tilting my head back against the warm tub. I wish I knew what the creature was thinking. He is much too silent for my liking. It is rude to ignore someone's questions. I soak for a few more minutes, then stand and wrap a towel over my body. Annie soon returns, carrying my silk nightgown. I tug the material over myself and walk to my bed. Annie pours me a cup of tea as I sit down. She hands me the cup and plate. 

"Anything else I can do for you, miss?"

"No, that is all. Goodnight Annie." She lowers her head and exits the room as I sip my tea.

I try to sleep, I really do. It's now far into the late hours of night. My mind reels. He is all I can think of. The way my skin tingled with his touch, how he looked at me. His eyes. His eyes are strikingly beautiful. He is strikingly beautiful. It is remarkable.