Chapter 12 - Violeta.

"Think about it." His words replay over and over in my head. He hasn't left my thoughts, not once.

I barely know him. He could kill me at any given time. If he wished me dead, I would be. He is so much stronger than I am... yet, he asked permission to touch me. He stopped when I froze. He didn't cross my boundaries. 

I stand from my bath, turning towards the tall mirror in the corner of the room. I look at myself for a moment. Am I truly the right person he should learn from? He wishes to know my anatomy. My anatomy. No one else's. He wants to know how to pleasure me? Can I even handle that?

I sigh and step out of the tub, drying myself off.

I've dismissed Annie for the night. I figured it might be awkward to have her here. Stepping towards my soaps and perfumes, I open the lid to the honey and gardenia lotion, the same scent I usually wear. I coat my skin in a thin layer, doing my best to coat every area of my body thoroughly.

Am I actually going to go through with this? He is.. a fish, and I.. I am unwed. We are not wed. Yet, although I do not know his full intentions, he wishes to know my body in ways only people who are wed should, right? Am I okay with that? I've never really wanted to get married. I never really thought about it, but am I willing to ruin myself just because one man asked my permission to do so? What he will do.. I'm sure will be incredibly improper. If anyone were to find out.. I'd be abolished from English society. Is that truly so bad? It doesn't sound too bad, honestly.

God. This is wrong. 

I grab the night dress Annie prepared, and shove it back into the wardrobe. If he is to touch me, I will not be wearing such a foolish gown.

I grab a silk underdress. A thin one, usually only worn on the hottest of summer days. It's a cream color, the edges lined with a thin white lace, small slits going up the outer sides of both my thighs. The V cut of the neckline is low, but keeps my breasts generally covered.

I stand in front of the mirror. 

Am I actually doing this? I'm actually going to wear this for him? What am I even trying to accomplish? Am I trying to seduce him or something? I stare at the short silk barely covering my body.

With a groan, I pull on a pair of cotton underwear beneath the dress. I guess this is what I'm wearing. This is so wrong. What I'm doing is so wrong. I'm sneaking out in the middle of the night to go play hooky with a fish man? God, what is wrong with me?

I'm actually doing this. 

I grab my silk robe and tie it around my waist. I blow out my candles and wait until the hallway falls quiet, now deep into the late hours. When I crack open my door, the halls are empty and dim.

I close my door and hurry down the hall, running down the steps all the way to the beach. This time, I make sure there is no one following me.

I do not remove my robe as I dive into the water, swimming to where he brought me earlier today. I duck my head into the cavern, and to my surprise, there is light. He has a single candle lit, placed off to the side, making the area dim with warm lighting. Dare I say, the space looks almost romantic. But where on Earth did he find a candle and match? 

He's sitting on the edge of the rocks, looking nervous. His eyes fall on me as soon as I enter.

"Hello." Is all I can say. I'm so nervous. My heart is pounding already, and I don't even know what is going to happen. "Where did you find a candle?" I ask him and move towards the rocky platform where he is sitting.