Chapter 13 - Violeta.

When I wake up, it takes a while to realize where I am. Laying on hard rock, a fluffy blanket covering my very naked body. 

And then everything rushes back. His hands. His tongue. Everything he did to me. I can't believe I did that! Oh my God! Leo is not here. The cavern is empty, the bright water reflecting the outside sun into the caves.

The sun. The sun is bright. That means it is late into the day. It isn't morning.

Oh my God! 

I stand, bringing the blanket with me as I search for my missing clothes. I find my robe, but my dress and panties are nowhere in sight. What if the current took them away? Oh God. I can't return home in only a robe!

A splash behind me gets my attention.

My brain basically explodes. Leomaris, pushing out of the water.. in his human form.. dripping wet. God!

I groan and  turn back around. 

"You're finally awake." Is all he says.

"Where are my clothes?" I turn back to look at him, "I'm so dead! My maids must be freaking out! I am so so dead! Where are my clothes?!"

"I do not know where your clothes are, darling." He sounds calm and amused. That prick.

I huff and walk to the far side, and miraculously, I find my underdress. Thank God. Without another thought, I drop the blanket and pull the silk over my head. 

"I need to leave, I'm so dead, Leomaris!" I don't wait for him to answer as I jump into the water and swim out back towards the beach. The sun is high, it must be around noon. Shit. I'm screwed. I'm so screwed.

I basically sprint all the way back to the house, and I can hear the bustling even from outside.

Fuck. 

"Annie! What's going on?"

"Miss! My goodness! Miss, where have you been?! I went to wake you and you were not there! Where did you go?!"

"I went for a morning walk," I lie, "I fell asleep on the beach."

She looks me up and down. "You are not burnt." She doesn't believe my lie.

"I found a shady spot." I start to walk away from her.

"Your parents are livid, miss!"

I groan. I know. I knew they would be. Annie runs a bath for me, using my usual oils and scents, she helps me undress as I step into the tub.

She gasps, and I turn to look at her after the outburst. "My goodness miss! What happened?" 

"Hm?" Her words confuse me, then, I look down at myself. Oh. Oh.

Oh shit.

There are circular bruises on both of my hips, not too prominent, but definitely noticeable. They scatter down to my thighs. They're on my breasts too, red and purple there. My mind scatters to think of an excuse. I quickly sit down. Fuck. How am I supposed to lie about this?

"I um.." I trail off, because I cannot think of a way to hide this. Annie is smart. She knows bruises like this couldn't of been caused from anything other than a man. A man who overran my body with pleasure for hours on end. "Shit." I sigh and shut my eyes. "Annie, please," I start, but I don't know where I'm leading to.

Her head turns to the still open bathroom door, and she hurries to close it. "Where were you last night?" She whispers as she hurries to my side.

I squeeze my eyes shut and swallow. 

"Miss please! What happened?"

I debate my words, and then she cuts me off, "And do not lie to me again, miss."

I huff. Annie has been my maid since childhood. She's taken more care of me than my own mother has. But what would she do if she knew the extent of what I truly did last night? I decide to tell her some of the truth.

"I've been seeing someone, Annie." I whisper.

"What?!" I hush her. "My God, miss, please do not say you've been visiting a man! God bless miss Violet! You have not!" I quiet her again.

"Yes I've been visiting a man! Nothing.. bad.. happened, necessarily."

"Necessarily! What did you do?!"

"We did not consummate if that is where your mind is heading!"

"Well I sure hope not, miss!"

A hush falls between us for a few mere moments. And it is bliss. 

"Who is he?" She asks, sitting beside me on the small stool.

"I cannot say."

"Is he handsome?" She asks with a bit of excitement in her voice.

I whip my head around to look at her. "Since when did my ventures become your curiosity?" I can't hide the small smile that arises.

She shrugs. "Are you in love with him?"

I fall silent. Am I? No. I cannot be. Am I?

"I don't know."

Annie is silent for the rest of my bath. She helps dress me in a casual gown, then brushing and pinning my hair back. 

"I believe your father is waiting to see you."

I look towards the window. I nearly jump out of it. I nearly bolt, but I do not. I only nod in response to Annie, and then follow her as she leads me to where my father is waiting for me in the drawing room. I swallow as Annie opens the door for me. My father looks furious. 

I'm so dead.

I lean down to Annie, "If I am not out within 20 minutes, I'm dead." She gapes at me as I pull away and walk to the sofa opposite of my father. Annie shuts the door, leaving only my father and I.

"Violeta." His voice is stern. "Where were you this morning?"

"I went for a morning walk, father. I fell asleep by the beach."

"By the beach, hm? It seems you go there often. Why?"

"The water is gorgeous. I like watching the sunrise over the horizon." I lie through my teeth.

He hums, and a long silence falls between us. "And what about this man I hear you've been visiting? Even sneaking out at night to meet with him?"

Thomas. That conniving little bitch. "I have not visited anyone, father. Let alone a man, I would never-"

"Cut the bullshit, Violet." He straightens in his seat. I swallow. "Who is he?"

"I do not know of any man, father." 

He's silent, then he stands. "Very well." He sighs, "You will return to England with the rest of us. Tomorrow morning we will leave."

"But-!"

"To ensure you keep your purity, if you even have any left," He sneers at me, "You will return to England. Away from anymore temptations."

My lungs feel crushed. I cannot breathe. "Get out." His voice is harsh, and I stand, quickly exiting as I feel tears burning my eyes.

"Miss?" I hurry passed Annie. Arriving in my bedroom, I slam my door and click the lock shut. The tears fall from my eyes as soon as I do so. I keep my sobs silent, even as my teardrops continue, even as I turn into a distressed mess. Annie knocks on my door a few times, asking if I'm alright. 

I do not answer her.