Chapter 15 - Leomaris.

She is magnificent. Everything about her captivates me. There are not enough words in my vocabulary to describe her being. 

The way she writhed and whimpered beneath me just the other night. I do not know if I can handle another instance as that. Everything about her is enthralling, I feel as though I may spiral. I want to touch her as I did before, give her even more pleasure than the last time. I do not know if she will let me. Not now, at least. She will, eventually. Eventually she will beg for it. I'm sure of it.

And I cannot wait for that day.

I'm close to begging my gods for her to crave for me as I crave her. I do not think those types of pleas will be answered. Perhaps I should still try.

I'm pulling her behind me, both of us walking quickly through the dense sand. Her fingers are threaded through my own, and I'd be lying if I said the skin to skin contact wasn't sending bolts of fucking electricity up my arm.

The sun is starting to crest the water in the distance. Perhaps they've already noticed she is missing. I hope they're panicking. I hope they're scrambling to find my Violet. Little do they know they will never find her. I'm taking her far from here, to my home. Where it will only be the two of us. 

I can't stop thinking of what will happen when we arrive. When she settles. When she gets comfortable. Comfortable with me. 

My mating season is soon to arrive, now that I have her. I do not know if she will want me by then. I will not force it upon her. I want her to want me. She is unlike any human I've ever seen.

I pull her into the water and quickly switch forms. Not many of my kind can switch between human and non. Only those who live in the shallows can do so, and my kind is even rarer than the rest. Nymphs who live in the deeper sea, in trenches and caves, where the water is black, cannot change. They are sirens. The kind that pull prey into the deep water. Cousins, I suppose, is how humans would see them in reference. 

My Violet slides into the water behind me, clutching onto her small bag of clothes.

A part of me hopes she'll lose it in the deep.

Neither of us say a word as she folds her arms over my shoulders and I make quick work of pulling her out to sea. For now we stay above water. I know she cannot breathe underwater as I do. However, she will need to learn to hold her breath. For her own safety. Staying above water for the long swim, we will be seen by passing ships. Someone may recognize her. 

I cannot have that.

Her front is pressed to my back as I move. I have to force away my impure thoughts, as she would call it.

Not many words are said during our trip, she is primarily quiet today, which is odd for my Violet. Though, it is understandable. I'm taking her away from everything she's ever known.

A few hours pass, and Violet has gone limp behind me. She's conscious, but I'm sure the water has exhausted her. I'm used to swimming for days at a time, but she is human. She is weak. I must treat her as though she is still only a child.

I head for a nearby island. It's populated, so I do my best to keep hidden. I slip underneath a dock with a small ship tied to the wooden beam. 

"Darling." I say to her, and slide her arms from my shoulders. Her eyes are low as I pull away. "Stay here a moment." She nods, still clutching her small bag of clothes. I scan the shore for any signs of others, and when I'm assured no one is near, I switch, and quickly climb aboard the small ship. I pull on human clothes, dressing in an appropriate outfit to be seen in. I actually put on a shirt this time.

In a barrel in the corner, there are fruits.

I grab another pair of trousers, tying the bottom of the legs, then grabbing as many fruits as I can fit. Luckily, there's a variety. From apples and bananas, to peaches and pears.

I hurry back to my Violet. I remain on top of the dock, then bend over and reach for her. I pull her onto the beach, where I notice her pruned and wrinkled hands. Handing her the pants full of fruit, I lift her, walking to a more secluded part of the beach.

We take our time eating, allowing her skin to calm beneath the air. "Leomaris," She pauses for a moment, looking up at me, "I do not know if I can handle going back into the water."

"I know, darling." I softly say. I already have a plan for her. I will take the emergency boat off the small ship I raided earlier. I tell Violet my plan, and after some bickering, claiming that stealing is wrong, she agrees.

I make quick work to get us back on the move, saving my clothing for future use, and getting my Violet as comfortable as she could be in the unsteady boat.

And then we're off, I pull on the rope connected to the floating vessel. It's definitely more inconvenient, putting more wear onto my muscles, but I will deal. 

I will do it for her. I will do anything, if it is for her.