Chapter 79 - Alvarez Pt. 15

The hollowness seeped into Kai, forcing his body to shiver. And even to him, the void crept cold through him. Natsu stayed stoic.

Kai desperately reached to his side for his sword but would not come. Somehow Acnologia was cutting out Spatial magic. There was plenty of Ethernano in the Space Between Time for them to draw their natural magic.

A pit formed in Kai's stomach. Of course, that was how he escaped the attack from the Christina. He absorbed enough magic to pull this off and to somehow defy dimensions.

"Though I enjoy a good hunt, gaining the ability to pick all of the dragons out will make things much easier," Acnologia said.

Kai sneered. "You forgot one. Or are you really that afraid of Irene Belserion?"

"She teeters on the edge of death. She shall be destroyed soon at my hand. I wished to give you both a more personal touch, as I did Igneel and Kairi."

Natsu raised a flaming fist. "That's enough."

"Oh, go on. Attack me. Maybe you haven't heard, but there's not a spell in your little repertoire that's going to help."

"He's right," Kai said with a pained voice. "Magic doesn't work on him."

"Doesn't mean we can't try," Natsu said.

Acnologia rolled his shoulders back and tilted his head, examining the two Dragon Slayers. Kai met Acnologia's gaze with a glare.

The Apocalypse Dragon remained so calm and apathetic. Power radiated off of him just as much as before, but now he had a nonchalant aura to back it and piss Kai off. What angered Kai more was knowing Acnologia more than made up in power to back it up.

"Right now you stand in a dimension ruled by me, and soon, the world beyond will be rendered asunder as this one," Acnologia said, his lips still curled in a horrendous and devilish grin. "I shall no longer be just a dragon but a god!"

"Already dealt with one of those," Kai said, trying to keep his voice level.

"Not one like me. This dimension is wonderful. It's everything I've ever wanted. It has allowed me to obliterate your kind and assert my dominance at once!"

"How?" Kai asked.

"Right now you're seeing my spirit," Acnologia said. "Consuming the magic of this world has given me a mastery over space and time. Thus, I can divide myself. My physical form ravages the outside world, and this body will be more than enough here."

He closed a fist. Natsu froze and tiny crystals ebbed their way up his leg. Kai kicked at the crystals but some started to grow around him as well.

They were just like the ones that held the others behind them. The crystals around Natsu grew much faster than they did around Kai.

"This is how you want us to go?" Kai shrieked.

"I'm going to slowly destroy the others," Acnologia said. "And make you watch as I chip away at them. You'll be unable to move or do anything. This is all you will have amounted to. All that Kairi will have amounted to!"

Natsu shouted as the crystals continued to grow around him and construct his movement. Kai kicked and punched at them but the crystals around him coated his legs and stopped him from moving.

His fists swung with more desperation. He held back tears. Acnologia's cackle turned to a full howl.

"Ice Dragon Talon!" Kai roared and shattered the crystal around Natsu, who stumbled forward, flames surrounding him.