Chapter 67 - Alvarez Pt. 3

Waves of troops blitzed over the Alikitasian countryside behind them, some narrowly avoiding the massive pit falls and traps Ajeel tried to use on Fairy Tail during their escape.

Ajeel held his hand up.

"Stay back! These Fairies are all mine!"

The soldiers stopped immediately. Some of the ones in the front with sashes upon their armor even barked orders for the soldiers to back up and make room.

Ajeel lowered his hand and sneered back at Kai and Iggy.

"Didn't think we'd want any undue interference," Ajeel said. "But I'll definitely have my men pick up your corpses once we're done here."

"Actually I appreciate that you left them out," Kai said. "It'll give them all an opportunity to watch one of the great Spriggans fall."

"That's not how this is going to work," Ajeel said. "I'm going kick your ass up and down this country and then take you back to my Emperor. He'll handle you."

"I don't think so."

Ajeel held an open hand out before Kai and Iggy. Neither tensed nor moved. His power rivaled Brandish, definitely, but Iggy and Kai exerted their own magical aura, and confidence, to clash with it. The air around them simmered and the pressure was in constant flux.

"We'll just consider you two the first casualties of the coming...well, I guess one could call it a war. But let's be honest, it'll be more like a massacre. Starting with that bunch that just got away."

"You like to talk a lot," Iggy said. "Usually that means you're not great at fighting."

"I don't have to fight you," Ajeel said. "I'll let my sands consume you!"

The ground erupted beneath them as two massive golems appeared in front of them while two sandstorm cyclones also crashed down.

But the two Fairies were gone already, moving so fast that Ajeel barely even comprehended their speed. He caught sight of them at the last possible second and blocked both of their punches, though the force of it still knocked him back.

Kai shot after him, Iggy sending winds after him to create more speed. Kai's first attack missed, but he swept his legs out to make Ajeel jump, allowing Iggy to fly by and elbow him hard in the face.

Kai lowered his sword at him again. "Ice Dragon Twister!"

The twister shot at Ajeel, who blocked it with his own. Iggy maneuvered through the sand and debris to land another blow on Ajeel, who took it basically in stride. Kai leaped into the air, holding his blade aloft.

A sand golem punched him away, having formed beneath him. Kai flipped end-over-end while Ajeel barked a command at the golem to pursue.

"Ice Dragon Roar!"

The spell slammed into the golem, freezing it in place. Kai flung his sword through the golem and then summoned it back, boosting his magic when he did, to shatter it.

Ajeel flew up to Kai, riding on a massive sand wave. Kai cast ice beneath him to get a good footing on the wave. Ajeel punched and missed Kai, who was far too fast.

"You've got a great magic power level," Kai said, avoiding another attack. "But your physicality needs a little—!"

Another golem punched Kai hard in the back and Kai was buried in the ground by several more flying sand creatures.

Iggy used her magic to blast them all out of the sky as Kai slid into the dirt, spitting out some sand. Ajeel turned around to face them both.

"Good warmup," he said.