Chapter 34 - Tenrou Island Pt. 4

Iggy walked with the three other Exceeds just behind the other wizards. Everyone remained quiet, all while the foreboding aura of Hades filled more and more of the ship. He was unmoving, stagnant, but radiating with magic power. No doubt he too was aware of their presence.

They arrived at an elevator at the end of the lonely hallway.

"This is where we must leave you," Carla said.

"We'll blow this thing sky high," Happy said.

Kai and Iggy shared a nod while Lily held up his tiny sword, quite happy to be out of the rain.

The elevator dinged as Lucy approached. It was more than big enough for the six wizards. The Exceeds burst into another room, getting to work immediately with wrecking the ship. Everyone else clambered into the elevator, which, when the door closed, zoomed up. Wendy managed to just cast her motion sickness spell on the Dragon Slayers before it moved.

"We'll need to hit Hades hard and fast," Erza said. "His power is greater than Makarov's."

"He's gonna be begging for mercy," Gray said.

"I don't think he deserves Mercy," Lucy said, checking her keys.

Kai's sword glowed bright blue as everyone else prepared their magic. "We're all that's left to stop him. If we fail, he could kill everyone else on the island."

"We have to save Fairy Tail," Wendy said.

"Don't hold anything back!" Natsu exclaimed, and the elevator stopped, the door sliding open to reveal Hades.

He did not wear the silly headpiece, but of course, had the overblown flowing cloak. He spread his arms.

"Welcome," was all he managed to say before Natsu burst like a missile out of the elevator right toward Hades, shooting plumes of flame from his fist that Hades blocked. Kai, Gray, and Erza followed.

Kai sliced up with his sword, cutting open the roof of the entire place as Hades effortlessly swatted his sword strike aside. Gray and Erza came in with their own blades, with Erza Requipping into the Black Wing Armor, though Hades avoided both attacks, running right into the newly arrived Taurus.

Hades ducked beneath his swing, but Kai hounded him already, almost connecting his knee to Hades' face before Hades blasted him away. Kai flipped end over end as Natsu came to engage Hades, distracting him for a moment as Wendy cast enhancements on the rest of the group. Kai felt his body lighten up.

Kai flung his sword into the wooden floorboarding and charged the magic in the sword as Natsu landed on the ground and Erza and Gray moved at incredible speed toward Hades, who used his chain magic to evade them, leaving himself seemingly wide open to Kai's spell from his sword, which landed with a direct hit.

Excellently, Natsu landed and leaped toward a stumbling Hades, with Wendy and Lucy (having cast Scorpion) launching Natsu at incredible speed in their own surprise Unison Raid. Natsu speared Hades all the way to the other side of the airship, obliterating the back section of it, part of the roof, and eradicating the elevator.

Dust and debris exploded all around them as everyone got back to their feet, Kai summoning the blade back into his hand.

"How's that for a warmup, you son of a bitch?" Kai asked.

A low, guttural laugh resounded through the open room. Nobody stiffened in fear or reacted in any real way. Scorpio and Taurus descended near Lucy to guard her while Wendy summoned wind around her to prepare her next spell.

"You have gotten quite stronger, Kai, I'll give you that." With a swipe of his arm, Hades completely wiped away the dust and debris surrounding him, standing unscathed but in a path of destruction nonetheless. "But it isn't enough. Not even close."