Chapter 18

Gold's POV
I looked at Rainbow she looked as if she were to cry. I looked down at the ground. I had dropped my bags. I was shaking so much I felt Kyran's hand in mine, which felt relieving. "What happened?" Kyran muttered. He was scared as well. I saw Prince's head nearest to us. The color from his face was drained, and I saw only the white parts of his eyes as bloody foam came from his mouth. I heard Rainbow start to have a panic attack. I left Kyran and went over to her.

I grabbed her hands. "Okay, squeeze when you breathe in, and when you breathe out, release," I said calmly. She nodded. "Breathe in," I said. She and I breathed in, and then we breathed out, and she released. We did that for a while until she calmed down.

"Kyran, can you call the police?" I asked him. He was sitting down next to us. "I already did," he said. He was shakey as well.

"What happened?" Kyran asked. "Prince asked me to come out here, so I did, and he asked me out, and I said no. Then, the statue started to fall. I stood there as it was falling on me. Then Prince pushed me out of the way..." She trailed. "I thought that statue was sturdy," Kyran said. "Me too," I said.

I heard police sirens. And an ambulance. "You got an ambulance?!" Rainbow and I yelled. "Yeah," he said. "You can clearly tell that he's dead!" Rainbow said. "Well, what am I supposed to say? He's dead?" He asked. "Yes!" We said. "Oh, but that still sounds weird," he said.

We stood up as the police came into view. Rainbow explained what happened as they took notes. "He's definitely dead," he said. We told them our names. "Okay, you three go off to your dorms. we'll take care of this," he said. "Thank you," we all muttered. We headed back to our dorms. Kyran ran back and picked up our groceries from earlier. "Haha, thanks," I said. "Yep," he smiled.

"So, are we going to get in trouble with the Princepal?" Rainbow asked. "Probably not, but she might talk to us about it," I said. "I hope not," Kyran said. We got to Rainbow's dorm. "Bye," she said. She still looked traumatized. "I feel bad, but I didn't do anything," I said. We continued to walk. "Yeah, I do too. Maybe if we got there sooner," he said. "Oh, Kyran, don't say that," I groaned. He laughed a little. I smiled.

We got to my dorm. "See ya, Ky," I said. "See ya Gold," he said. I looked down, and we were still holding hands. I blushed, and I looked up, and he was blushing as well. We let go quickly. "Bye, again," I said awkwardly. "Yeah, bye," he said quickly and ran off. I put the groceries away and then headed upstairs.

I laid down on my bed and thought about Kyran. I feel bad. Maybe Valerie was right. About Kyran...

Funneh's POV
Night turned to morning. I wasn't stressed anymore! I got all my homework done! Thanks to gold! She's the best! I went downstairs with her and I's computer and papers. I put her stuff into her backpack, and I put mine into mine. I went to the table where Gold was sitting, and she was staring off into space. She doesn't really do that, which was weird for her character.

"Gold?" I asked. She didn't respond. "Gold,?" I asked louder. "Hmm?" She asked. She still had wide eyes when she looked at me. "You alright?" I asked. "No," she said quietly. "What's wrong?" I asked. She vented to me about what happened last night.

"I thought you didn't like Prince?" I said. "Yeah, but he doesn't deserve to die! And it was traumatizing to look at him, and I don't want to get descriptive," she said. "Is it cleaned up?" I asked. "Well, probably the body," Gold said. "So Rainbow was there with him?" I asked. "Yeah, he was asking her out," she said. "What did she say?" I asked. "No," she responded. "That's still messed up that he asked," I said. "Yeah, he was just taking advantage of her because she's new," she said, pouring a bowl of cereal.

There was awkward silence. After she was done, I poured myself a bowl of cereal, and we both ate in awkward silence.

"By the way, I finished my homework," I said. "Nice, did you put my stuff back?" She asked. "Yeah, of course I did," I said. "You didn't mix them up, did you?" She asked. "No, I don't think so," I said. She finished eating and checked our backpacks. "You did!" She yelled. "Oops," I said. I saw her switch our things around and put it into the rightful owners' backpacks. "Sorry," I said. "That horrible accident was prevented, so i guess it's okay, Funneh," she sighed.

I heard a knock on the door as I was putting the food away. "Could you get that?" I asked. "Yeah," she said. She opened the door. It was Alec and Kyran. "Hey!" Gold and I said out of sync. "Hey," they said. "Tike to go?" Gold asked. "Yeah," Kyran said.

I got done putting breakfast away and went up to Gold and took my backpack. "Okay, let's go!" I said, pointing forward," I said. "You're like a little kid," Kyran said. "I am a little kid," I said, walking backward. Gold and Kyran laughed. I tripped, and I was about to fall, but Alec caught me. "Thanks," I blushed. "You're welcome," he said quietly.

"Woah, what happened here?" Alec asked. I turned around. I tripped over the statue. A lot of people were here staring at it. There was a lot of blood around the statue as if the statue was bleeding out. "You weren't kidding," I said. "Do you guys know what happened?" Alec asked. I turned and looked at Gold and Kyran, who were traumatized by looking at it.
-------------------------------------------------------------
1013 Words