Truth

hi! it's been a while, so here's a short shot of wenclair! ya'll can always comment down and request some plots or anything! I am having writer's block :(

-

Wednesday and Enid had been dating for two years now. They were an unlikely pair, but their love for all things dark and twisted brought them together.

As their second anniversary approached, Enid couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. She had been so busy with school and other commitments that she hadn't been able to spend as much time with Wednesday as she would have liked. And as much as she hated to admit it, she was starting to feel like she was falling out of love with her.

Enid knew she had to tell Wednesday the truth, but she didn't want to hurt her. So on the day of their anniversary, she took her to their favorite spot in the cemetery where they would often sit and talk.

"Wednesday, I need to talk to you about something," Enid said, her voice shaking slightly.

Wednesday raised an eyebrow, her expression unreadable.

"What is it?" she asked.

Enid took a deep breath and looked into Wednesday's intense gaze.

"I...I think I'm falling out of love with you," she blurted out.

Wednesday's expression didn't change, but Enid could see the hurt in her eyes.

"I've been so busy with school and everything else that I haven't had time to really be with you. And I don't want to string you along if my feelings aren't there anymore," Enid continued.

There was a moment of silence between them before Wednesday spoke up.

"I knew," she said simply.

Enid was taken aback.

"What? How?" she asked.

Wednesday shrugged.

"I'm a master of overthinking, Enid. I could tell something was off. But I also knew that you were trying your best to make time for me. And I appreciate that," she said.

Enid felt a pang of guilt. She hadn't even realized that Wednesday had noticed her efforts.

"I'm sorry, Wednesday. I never meant to hurt you," she said, tears starting to well up in her eyes.

Wednesday reached out and took Enid's hand.

"It's okay, Enid. I understand. But I choose to stay. I choose to love you, even if it's not easy," she said.
Wednesday continued to look at Enid with understanding, her expression still neutral.

"Don't apologize," she said thoughtfully. 

"As much as it hurts to think about us ending things, I can't force you to love me," she said softly.

"I still care about you, and I always will," Wednesday said. "But I think we both know that it's time for us to move on from each other."

Enid was overcome with emotion and began to cry.

"I don't want this," she said, tears streaming down her cheeks. "I don't want to say goodbye," she continued, her voice shaking.

"I know, I don't want this either," Wednesday said with a sad smile. "But we both know it's the right thing to do."

Enid sniffed and tried to gain her composure. 'But I'm so scared,' she said.

"What if I never find anyone else?" she asked tearfully. "What if I never learn to love again?'

Wednesday put her hand on Enid's shoulder.

"You will," she said confidently.

"Don't worry," Wednesday continued. "You're an amazing person, and you'll find someone who loves and appreciates you for who you are."Enid's crying began to slow down as she listened to Wednesday's affirming words. 

"I just don't know how I'm going to get through this," she said tearfully. "I feel so lost."

"I know it's hard," Wednesday said gently. 

"And it's okay to take some time to grieve the relationship. But I want you to know that you will find your way through this."

Enid continued to cry, but the tears were coming less frequently. Wednesday held her close, comforting her as she cried."This isn't the end of the world,' Wednesday continued. 'And I promise that you'll find your way again."

"And remember," Wednesday said, "That you're always going to have me. I'll be here to support you through this."

Enid's crying had slowed to just a few tears, and she felt ready to face the world again.

"Thank you," she said, finally feeling brave enough to leave Wednesday's embrace.

Wednesday smiled at her and gave her one last hug.

"Take care," she said as they said their final goodnight.

-

sheeshhh