Greedy

In the eerie town of Addamsdale, Wednesday Addams and Enid Sinclair found themselves tangled in a unique and complicated relationship. While Wednesday had always been known for her dark and mysterious nature, she had developed an unexpected infatuation with Enid—her best friend and confidante.

Enid, on the other hand, was carefree and full of life, always bringing a spark of lightness to Wednesday's gloomy existence. Although Enid adored Wednesday deeply, their connection seemed to be more of a platonic friendship in her eyes.

One day, as they strolled through the twisted gardens of the Addams Estate, Wednesday couldn't contain her emotions any longer. She stopped abruptly, causing Enid to turn and face her curiously.

"Enid," Wednesday began, her voice soft but filled with intensity, "I have something to confess. I...I can't stop thinking about you. Your laugh, your smile, the way your eyes crinkle when you're happy—it consumes me."

Enid's eyes widened, a mixture of surprise and confusion washing over her. "Wednesday, what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that I want more," Wednesday admitted, her gaze unwavering. "I want more than just our friendship, Enid. I want your love."

Enid took a step back, her brows furrowing. "Wednesday, I care about you deeply, but I never saw our friendship in that light. I enjoy spending time with you, but I don't think I can give you what you're asking for."

Wednesday's heart sank, but she refused to let it show on her face. "Enid, please understand. I've become greedy for your affection, and it's consuming me from the inside out. Every moment we spend together, I yearn for more. Can't you see how much I need you?"

Enid sighed, her eyes filled with empathy. "Wednesday, I admire your honesty. But love doesn't work that way. It can't be forced or demanded. It's something that grows naturally between two people. I value our friendship immensely, and I hope that's enough."

Wednesday nodded slowly, tears welling up in her eyes. "I understand, Enid. I don't want to lose what we have either. I just... I couldn't keep this to myself any longer."

Enid stepped forward, reaching out to gently wipe away Wednesday's tears. "I know it took strength for you to tell me how you feel. And I promise, I'll always be here for you. We'll navigate this together, Wednesday, as friends."

With those words, Wednesday felt a sense of relief wash over her. Though her feelings remained, she understood that their bond was too precious to risk losing. In that moment, she found solace in Enid's friendship and the knowing that love, even if it wasn't romantic, could still bring immense joy.

And so, Wednesday and Enid continued their adventures together, their friendship growing deeper with each passing day. In their own unique way, they found a love that transcended societal norms—a love built on trust, understanding, and unconditional acceptance.

As their story unfolded, Wednesday came to realize that sometimes, being greedy for love meant embracing the love that already surrounded her, rather than obsessing over what she couldn't have. And in that newfound wisdom, Wednesday Addams discovered an abundance of happiness she never thought possible.

-
(i apologize for updating short one shot stories, it's just a habit of mine that I can't change, but the story still good, right? T_T)