Bloody Scissors

(Softie wednesday ahead >_<)

-

Wednesday was standing in front of the bathroom mirror, tears streaming down her face as she held a pair of bloody scissors in her hand. Enid came running in and saw Wednesday in this state and immediately ran to her. "Wednesday, are you okay? What's wrong?" Enid asked, the panic in her voice clear.

Wednesday tried to speak, but the words wouldn't come out. Her breathing was ragged and she took a step back from Enid, still holding the scissors. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she said, her voice shaking. "I didn't mean to, it just happened." She raised her bloody arms for Enid to see and Enid immediately took her hands.

"What happened? Tell me what happened," Enid said, her voice soft and gentle.

Wednesday took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "I was just cutting some paper," she said, "and then the scissors just slipped and I..." She broke off, her voice catching in her throat.

Enid wrapped her arms around Wednesday and held her close. "It's okay," she said. "It's okay. You're safe now."

Wednesday leaned into Enid's embrace, grateful for her comfort and support. She felt the tears slowly starting to subside and took a deep breath. "Enid, I'm sorry," she said. "I didn't mean to scare you."

Enid smiled and squeezed Wednesday's hand. "It's okay," she said. "It's okay. You don't have to apologize for anything."

Wednesday looked up at Enid, grateful for her understanding. She took another deep breath and let it out slowly, feeling more calm and grounded. "Thank you," she said.

Enid smiled and gave Wednesday a soft kiss on the cheek. "Of course, my love. I'm always here for you."

Wednesday smiled, feeling grateful for Enid's love and support. She knew that no matter what happened, she had someone who would always be there for her. And that was all she really needed.

Enid took Wednesday's hand and led her to the couch, helping her sit down. She retrieved a first aid kit from under the sink and started to treat Wednesday's injuries. As she bandaged Wednesday's arms, Enid kept a comforting hand on her back, and Wednesday found herself relaxing into the physical contact.

Enid finished up with the bandages and sat down next to Wednesday on the couch. She took Wednesday's hand in hers and stared into her eyes. "I'm so sorry," Wednesday said again.

Enid gave Wednesday's hand a squeeze. "Don't apologize," she said. "Everyone makes mistakes. I just want you to know that I'm here for you, no matter what."

Wednesday nodded, tears threatening to spill over. She leaned into Enid and buried her face in her shoulder, the feeling of Enid's warm embrace comforting her. She felt like she finally had a shoulder to cry on, someone who would understand her and accept her, even in her darkest moments.

After a few minutes, Wednesday's tears began to slow down, and she took a deep breath. "Enid," she said, "I don't deserve you."

Enid hugged Wednesday tighter. "You absolutely do," she said. "You're an amazing woman, Wednesday. You've been through so much, and you're still standing. You're incredibly strong and resilient, and I admire that about you."

Wednesday smiled, the warm feeling in her chest growing. "Thank you," she said. "That means a lot to me."

Enid gave Wednesday a kiss on the cheek. "I just want you to know that I love you, no matter what. I'll always be here for you."

Wednesday's heart felt like it was close to bursting with joy. She finally had someone who saw her for who she really was, who accepted her and loved her in spite of everything. And as she stared into Enid's eyes, Wednesday knew that she had found something special, someone who would be with her, through thick and thin.

-
(Short update, like wednesday🤘🏼)