The Misplaced Kiss

Wednesday stood by the front door, ready to head out for work. Dressed in her usual black attire, she felt a sense of excitement mixed with her usual air of indifference. As she reached for the doorknob, Enid appeared behind her.

Enid's eyes darted around the room before settling on Wednesday. "Wait, Wednesday! Are you sure you have everything you need?"

Wednesday turned slightly, raising an eyebrow in curiosity. "What do you mean, Enid? I have my briefcase, my lunch... What else could I possibly need?"

Enid hesitated for a moment before speaking, a faint blush spreading across her cheeks. "Um, well, I meant... have you forgotten anything important? Like your keys, wallet, or... something?"

Wednesday's expression softened, and she crossed the room to stand in front of Enid. Looking into her eyes, she pressed her lips gently against Enid's cheek.

Enid's face turned an even deeper shade of red, her mouth slightly agape. Slowly, she lifted her hand and opened it, revealing Wednesday's keys.

"I meant this," Enid stammered, her voice barely above a whisper. "But thanks."

Wednesday plucked the keys from Enid's palm, her mouth quirking into a small smile. "Keys are important, Enid. They open doors to both physical realms and metaphorical ones."

Enid nodded, her flushed cheeks betraying a mix of confusion and delight. "Yeah, I guess they do."

Wednesday took a step closer, her voice dropping to a lower, more intimate tone. "But you should also know, Enid, that a kiss can be just as important. It carries with it a message of love, trust, and a connection between two souls."

Enid's eyes widened, her breath hitching. "Wha... what?"

Tilting her head to the side, Wednesday gently brushed her fingers against Enid's cheek. "I want you to remember that, Enid. Sometimes, it's the smaller gestures that hold the most significance."

Enid's lips curved into a shy smile. "I'll remember, Wednesday. Thank you."

With a final nod, Wednesday turned and opened the front door, stepping out into the world beyond. Enid watched her go, a mix of emotions swirling within them.

As the door closed behind Wednesday, Enid stared down at her hand, the spot where Wednesday's kiss lingered. She smiled, her heart brimming with a newfound warmth.

In that moment, Enid realized that sometimes, someone's forgotten keys could lead to an unexpected exchange, one that would forever remind them of the power of love in its simplest and most genuine forms.

-
(another pluff >_<)