76 - The Ruler Of Hell

Start from the beginning

"Well done." He nodded. "However, you forgot one thing. This is Hell."

And suddenly the papers were burnt to crisps.

[Danger Sense] screamed.

Before I could react he kicked me in the chest, sending me flying across the hall and back to the others.

"Jackson!" They cried out as I tumbled across the ground. [Danger Sense] went haywire as I got back to my feet, only to see Demon King Lucifer right in front of me.

He grabbed me by the front of my shirt, twisting his body before chucking me through the wall of the building. I flew through the palace and into the sky at an extreme rate, my vision spinning as I was launched across the city.

It was only a few seconds later I crashed to the ground, continuously rolling across the floor and gaining a good multitude of scratches, scrapes, and other surface injuries. Finally I came to a stop, slowly pulling myself up to see where I was.

I was outside of the city.

He just threw me across the whole city in the span of a few seconds. There was an indented trail in the ground from where I had been rolling. And as I got back to my feet, a little shaky, he slammed into the ground a short distance away from me, creating a crater.

He was already here. He was extremely quick.

What is happening?

"Who do you think ordered the Diabolos Family to take care of Madam Webb?" He scoffed. "She's been a thorn in my side for much too long. It's not my fault that pinned the crime on you."

...what?

He cracked his neck, walking towards me with a disinterested gaze. "You do realize that even if you prove your innocence, no one cares? We're in Hell, my domain."

"It was you...?" I questioned, eyes widening.

"And you've also given me the perfect excuse to go and finally conquer the Dark Kingdom, so I suppose I should thank you." He shrugged. "I was going to do it regardless, but it's easier when the public agrees."

You're going to what?

[System Error]

No...

No, I can't allow that.

I refuse to allow that.

[Syst3m 3rror]

Flashes of the people I've met since my first voyage here into the Underworld flashed across my mind. All of them, who have supported and helped me through my time here.

I coughed up blood, but didn't even care to try to hide it or wipe it away this time.

[6yst3m 3rr0r]

He's going to hurt them all.

Because of me.

Just like Madam Webb.

[696138 37707]

I can't let them die.

I won't let them die!

[B3r739k Activated]

My vision went red as I lost control. I could barely tell what was happening as I clashed against Demon King Lucifer.

My [Frozen Iron Sword] clashed against a blade of his own, before I attempted to fight him with my [Chains of Holy Fire].

My attacks were vicious, uncontrolled, and powerful. Each strike used more power than I ever had before with the sole intention to end his life.

I brutally fought against him, flashes of him appearing in my vision before I lost myself to the bloodlust again.

I could literally only see red. A red screen, as if my eyes had stopped working. I could barely register the way my body was moving, as if it was on some sort of autopilot.

I had no idea what was going on, but I could feel as my body got beaten and battered. And then I was knocked out of the state, my body tumbling against the ground as my vision and senses had fully returned to normal.

I got back up to my feet, seeing that Demon King Lucifer seemed unharmed, not a single scratch upon his shining armor. My demon wing was out and a horn jutted from my head as I glared at the man across from me.

"You've seemed to return to your senses." He replied, shaking blood off of his hand. I could feel the liquid dripping down my face, along with various new injuries across my body. "That was stronger than I was expecting."

"Unfortunately, nowhere near me." He was before me once again as I was kicked straight into the air. I flew upwards, turning my body and readjusting myself as Demon King Lucifer blasted after me.

He slammed into me mid-air, the two of us tussling as I fought to gain control. [Danger Sense] warned me to his general moves, but with this close it was difficult to use that information. A slug against the face that I was unable to dodge disoriented me, allowing him to gain control and grab my neck.

He choked me out as we fell back down to the ground, him twisting us so that I would be the one to impact first. I clawed at his hands to get him to release my rapidly constricting throat but it seemed to not affect him at all.

I slammed into the ground, pain erupting through my body. I screamed out, pretty sure that I had a multitude of broken bones.

Demon King Lucifer stood up, dusting his hands off. "The rumors said you have an Angel wing, but it seems like I was foolish to believe them. Well, I have the perfect place for you thanks to that."

He grabbed me by the hair, snapping his fingers with his other hand. A golden portal suddenly appeared in front of us, one which he uncaringly dragged me through.

We entered through the other side, revealing a brightly white and golden place. In front of us was a humongous gate with two giant, towering, pearl white door which seemed to reach up into the infinitely blue sky.

But all of it seemed painful in a way. His head throbbed as he stared at the area.

"Welcome to Heaven." He chuckled. "It was sealed long ago by the few remaining angels within. No doubt they all have perished since then."

He tossed me against the large doors, my back cracking as I hit them. I screamed once more, gritting my teeth and trying to crawl towards him.

No!

He crushed my hand with his foot, leaning down and looking at me in the face.

"The holy air here will slowly kill you. You may not be inside, but the entrance is holy enough to eliminate a puny half-demon like you. Enjoy the last moments of your pathetic little existence." He scoffed. And with that, he turned and walked away.

No, no, no, no!

No!

I can't!

My friends, I can't-!

I fought to crawl forwards, but my vision was quickly wavering. And before I could get any further, I blacked out.