14 - Meeting The Popular Girl

"So...why is she here?!" Anna exclaimed, freaked out.

It was lunch time, and we were all sitting at our usual table, except now we had one new addition.

Sapphire! She decided to sit next to us. And to say everyone was shocked, was an understatement.

The scene of their jaws dropping was hilarious.

I was also a little shocked.

"We're friends now." I clarified.

We really were! Earlier I claimed the mission, giving me the 80 AP it promised. Then when I checked the [Affection] tab, Sapphire was now in there with an Affection of 53!

Honestly, it's higher than I thought it would be. It's only the day after the challenge, and she almost thought of me as a best friend. Awesome!

"How does that even happen?!" Anna yelled.

"..." I wasn't exactly sure how to answer that either. When we fought, she absolutely hated me. I don't know what caused the sudden turn around.

"Thanks for the book." Sapphire suddenly stated, pulling out the book about Dragons and handing it to me.

"Well, I figured you would like to know." I replied, putting the book away.

All of the sudden I felt someone staring daggers at my back. Sweating, I turned around to see both Anna and Angela staring at Sapphire and I with dangerous faces.

It's just a book! Calm down!

"Are they always like this?" Sapphire asked, referring to Anna and Angela.

"They are." Sighed John. "But it seems you stopped their rivalry."

"They'll open up in time." I said, trying to make Sapphire feel better.

"Alright." She shortly replied, starting to eat her sandwich again. "Oh, and what's with Sharky glaring daggers at me?"

"He's not. He's just trying to figure out how to talk with you." I answered.

"What?" She asked, confused.

"He's shy." I clarified.

"He looks like he wants to kill me." Sapphire argued.

"H-hello...It's nice to meet you." Brutus nervously said in his deep, reverberating voice. His voice did not match the way he said it at all.

"Oh, I guess he was just shy." Sapphire thought aloud, slightly shocked. "I thought he was trying to pick a fight, like that one guy earlier."

"That one guy earlier?" I wondered.

"Yeah. This cocky guy thought 'since a human beat her, she's now weak' and tried to take me on. I wiped the floor with him." Sapphire stated.

"Yeah...I just had luck..." I sheepishly replied, scratching the back of my head.

"It wasn't luck. Just being smart." Sapphire argued, surprising me.

She's arguing for me?!

"Oh...thanks." I honestly replied, shocked.

"This is unacceptable!" Anna suddenly shouted, slamming her hands on the table.

"Why are you two so lovey-dovey!" Angela yelled, pointing at Sapphire and I.

"Sorry, but I don't see him that way. Only as a friend." Sapphire stated, waving her hand uncaringly.

Ouch, that hurts. But at the same time I'm relieved. I don't think I could handle you too Sapphire.

"Wait wait wait. Why are we here?" John suddenly asked. "Today's Sunday."