3 - Operation: Virgin's First Date

I paced around my room, thinking deeply on what I had discovered on the bus ride home yesterday. The Affection meter was supposed to measure up to 100, and yet...

...Anna's Affection was at 110!!!

"You don't know why, Sally?" I asked.

"I don't Host." Sally replied.

"But aren't you the System?" I asked, confused.

"No, I'm rather the "AI" attached to the System. I cannot control what the System does." Sally informed me.

"Oh..." I muttered. I didn't realize that Sally wasn't the System herself...

"Can you remind me what the Affection numbers mean?" I asked. Maybe this would help with figuring out what 110 means.

"Sure, Host." Sally replied. "0 is neutral. 10 - 29 means they consider you an acquaintance. 30 - 59 means they consider you a friend. 60 - 79 means they consider you an extremely close friend. 80 - 90 means they have a crush, and 91 - 100 means that they love you, familial or as one of the opposite sex."

Nope, it didn't help.

"Okay..." I replied. Wow, that's a lot. "Then what the hell does 110 mean?!"

"I don't know." Sally told me once more.

Thanks a lot.

Suddenly, a new mission from the [Harem System] appeared in front of me.

[Mission] - Survive your date with Anna.

[Reward] - 70 AP

[Punishment] - Unsuccessful Date

[Bonus] - Learn more about Anna.

[Bonus Reward] - 50 AP

[Y/N]

"What's a Bonus?" I asked Sally.

"A Bonus is a 'side mission'. If you complete it, you earn more rewards and if you fail there is no punishment." Sally informed.

"Awesome." I said. I could feel a grin forming across my face. More rewards, and no penalty! A win-win!

Speaking of penalties, it's pretty tame compared to the last one. Well, it's not like I'm trying to fail the mission, so it doesn't matter too much.

Clicking the [Y] button, I accepted the mission and the screen disappeared back into thin air. It didn't fell as strange as last time.

I think I'm starting to get used to the System.

I pulled my phone out, checking the time. It was currently 8:30 in the morning. Perfect. Still had an hour and a half to get ready for the date.

Because this really is a date. I mean, her Affection meter is over 100! And 100 means love! So 110 has to be at least Love, right?

But why an Ice Cream Parlor at 10 in the morning?

So, I got ready for the date. I showered, put on some jeans with a white shirt, brushed my teeth, and did my hair.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I have to say I look good. I mean, I wasn't handsome or anything, but I looked decent.

Alright, now what time was it? Checking my phone, the time read as 9:00. Sweet, I had enough time to go to the parlor early!

Of course I have to be early, you know? Gotta make a good impression, so this date does well.

I walked down the stairs, heading past the kitchen and living room towards the front door. Today was Saturday, so the rest of my family was at home. No school and no work.