60 - To Where It All Began

A roar rumbled through the trees as the footsteps got louder. The trees were pushed to the side as a gigantic, purple beast came towering over the trees. It was easily larger than a Werebeast, and it was even larger than a Dustworm.

Wait, is that a T-Rex?! With two heads?!

Purple crystals jutted out from the back of it's two heads, going down the spine where they were the largest to all the way down the tail.

"What is that?!" Exclaimed Krystal.

"That's one large Corrupted..." Angela muttered, before grinning. "Let's do this."

It looked down towards us, opening its two jaws. Instead of a roar, a purple light started to glow from down the throat. It looked like it was charging up a beam.

"Move!" Anna ordered.

We dashed to the side as a two purple laser beams shot out of the double-headed T-Rex, combining in the air to create one larger one. It crashed into the ground and created a long gash through the purple dirt. It was a good thing we weren't in front of that...

"Krystal, can you distract it with an illusion?" Anna asked.

Krystal nodded. "Keep it distracted."

"Jack, Angela, do your thing." Anna replied. "Dawn, you and I will protect Krystal."

"Alright." Dawn nodded.

Krystal took a deep breath, closing her eyes and starting to focus. Angela let her wings free, flying through the air around the T-Rex. It twirled around, following her and trying to blast her out of the sky.

She easily maneuvered around the blasts. I didn't realize that Angela was so good at flying. While she distracted it, I rushed forwards with my flaming sword.

Swinging across it's back, I cut off one of the crystals. A small gash was now on the back of the Corrupted. It could tank more hits than a Werebeast could. It clattered to the ground as the T-Rex roared in pain.

It twirled around, it's tail almost smacking me in the face. With a warning from [Danger Sense] I moved out of the way of another purple laser from the mouths of the T-Rex.

Angela slammed a flaming fist against the head of the T-Rex, making it stumble as it was thrown off balance.

"I got it!" Krystal cried out, sweat dripping down her forehead.

We stood still as the T-Rex started to look around. It seemed like it couldn't see us anymore. Krystal must have made some sort of illusion which made us invisible, or maybe camouflaged.

[Danger Sense] suddenly yelled in my mind.

The noses on the heads twitched, and it's head swiveled towards me. From it's mouth a purple beam launched towards me. I rolled out of the way, dodging the beam.

"It can still smell us!" Anna's eyes widened.

"I'm sorry! I haven't learned how to make smell illusions!" Krystal wailed. "I only know visible illusions!"

The T-Rex turned towards the two, opening its mouth for another supercharged purple beam. Dawn quickly tackled the two out of the way, the beam slamming into the ground next to them.

Dawn pulled the two of them to their feet. "It's fine!" She stated. "We need to move!"

Angela flew towards the T-Rex for another punch. It seemed to have learned from last time, slamming it's tail into her before she could dodge.

I quickly caught Angela, setting her down onto the ground. "Sorry." She whispered.

"It's alright." I stated. "But we need a better plan, or else we'll be playing hit and run for quite a while."