61 - Collecting Crystals

The cave was, unlike the rest of the ravine, lit by small, purple, glowing crystals. Before there were some orange ones, but they all seem to be gone now.

"This...really is a goldmine." Anna gasped.

"If you get 5 AP for each one of these, you'll get so much..." Dawn muttered.

Mental note, while in the Hollow look for caves. If more are like this one, then that would be amazing. Because looking at all of these small crystals scattered around, I know I'm going to get a lot of AP.

We all started to grab the small crystals. I deposited mine immediately into my [Inventory], while the others handed me theirs to take as well.

After a couple of minutes, we had picked all of the small ones and traveled a good bit into the tunnel. I now had a total of 52 [Chaos Crystals]. Yes, you heard me right.

52. I was already at 8, and this cave contained 44 more. And that is only the small ones. I'm going to be rolling in AP once we collect them.

Unfortunately this is a one time thing, I don't think that these caves just grow these crystals in two weeks, but this is still amazing. I'm going to have to be careful with how I spend my AP.

We moved on, to where the crystals grew larger and were now the size of the one I had gotten from the Duorex. There were less of them, which allows us to grab them quicker.

Another decent bit into the tunnel, and I now had a total of 13 [Medium Chaos Crystals]. This is really incredible...

We finally reached to where the crystals became their largest, the size of a whole leg. It was a big difference in size, and there were only a couple of them.

"Can you get these...?" Anna asked, looking at the crystal. "These are huge..."

"Time to find out." I stated. I approached the crystal, placing my hand on it. I focused on placing it into the [Inventory], and I felt as my hand was no longer touching anything.

To make sure, I quickly checked my [Inventory], and there it was.

[Large Chaos Crystal] - 1 - A crystallization of the chaos magic inside a giant Corrupted.

All of the crystals say they come from Corrupted, which certainly is true, but then why are there a ton here? Are they like fossils, exposed by the cave?

I quickly gathered the others for a total of 5.

Now we would be in complete darkness, if it wasn't for Angela's fire. We had plucked every crystal that we could find.

Up above, the cave widened into a large room. It was faded in darkness, but Angela slowly started to inch towards it. We followed her, entering the room that I had found Angela in.

It was a huge, with an incredibly faded rug, it's original color gone gray a long time ago. Pillars held up the ceiling, and on the other side of the room, was an altar.

Last time I was here, this place was illuminated by large fire crystals, even larger than my whole body. But now? All gone. I was a little worried. Had they faded away somehow? Or did someone take them?

The altar looked ruined now. The chains were broken, scattered across the ground. The rocks that the chains were attached to had cracked, and the stand in front with the handprint had also greatly cracked.

"So this is where..." Anna muttered to herself.

Angela slowly approached the altar. We stood a little back, watching as she got closer. She looked down at the stand with the handprint.