7 - The Prisoner Of The Hollow

"The Hollow is another Realm." Informed Sally. "The [Hollow Wanderer] skill allows you to travel into it."

I grinned. Cool! I can travel to a new dimension? "Let's try it out!" I decided.

So, how do I do this? Do I just say the name of the skill?

"[Hollow Wanderer]!" I yelled.

A glowing purple portal appeared on the wall in front of me. This must be the entrance to the Hollow!

"Let's go!" I excitedly said, running into the portal.

"Wait Host-" Sally started to say, before her voice was cut off as I traveled through the portal.

I quickly exited the portal, but I wasn't in my dorm room anymore. No, I was somewhere else.

It was some kind of forest, with dark blue grass and giant, dark wood trees, accessorized with cyan colored leaves. The air was a foggy purple, giving a creepy and mysterious vibe to the landscape.

"What is this place?" I wondered aloud, mesmerized by the surroundings.

"This is the Hollow, Host." Sally informed.

"Amazing..." I muttered, gazing around.

"Host, we should head back." Sally urgently stated.

"Why?" I asked.

A howl pierced the air. An all too familiar howl.

Just the sound of it caused my knees to shake and my palms to get sweaty.

No...why is it here?!

"That is why Host! It's dangerous here!" Sally nervously yelled.

Out from the trees in front of me appeared a Corrupted. It was just like the last one that interrupted my date with Anna. A purple werewolf looking thing with light purple crystals jutting out of it's back.

It snarled at me, walking closer.

No.

No.

I'm useless, aren't I? Because all I did was run. That's what I did back then, and that's what I did now.

I turned and ran. In my panic I ran past the portal I used to get here. Likely my only way out.

I ran. I didn't matter where I was going.

I ran. Another howl pierced the air.

I ran. Keep moving feet, keep moving!

I ran. I ran. And I ran.

My feet pounded against the ground, propelling me forwards as fast as I could go. My [Freerunner] skill urged me to go right, so I followed it's suggestion.

"Host! Calm down!" Sally requested.

I didn't listen. I ran.

I could hear it's feet behind me. The sharpening of it's claws, the snarling of it's teeth. I could feel it's beady eyes on my back, determined to not let it's prey escape.

I should have been more prepared.

I shouldn't have been an idiot.

But I was, and now I'm running.

Until I wasn't.

I didn't notice [Freerunner] trying to urge me to go a different direction. I didn't notice the giant ravine in front of me.

I didn't notice until my foot stepped upon air.

Looking down, my eyes widened with fright. There was nothing under me. And I fell, watching the Corrupted look down at me from the edge of the ravine.