13 - The Dragon's Perspective

(Sapphire POV)

AH!

...

Where am I? I observed the room around me. It was blindingly white and the floors were sparkly clean, allowing me to see my own reflection.

I was laying in a bed, one of those medical ones you would find in a hospital, or a...

Infirmary? Is this where I am? Why?

Ah.

I see now.

I lost to him. To the human. Jackson Walker.

...

I underestimated him.

...

The door opened, as Madam Webb walked into the room, sitting down on a chair besides me.

"How are you feeling?" She asked me.

"I'm F-fine Headmaster..." I replied.

"You know you can call me Madam Webb when we're alone." She reminded me.

I don't feel like I deserve to, but every time you insist.

"Alright, Madam Webb." I sighed.

"Better. Why did you challenge Jackson to a match?" She wondered.

"You know why..." I muttered, my fists tightening in anger.

No, don't think about it...

You'll only get angry...

"All humans aren't terrible, you know." Madam Webb replied.

"They were. Every single one I met." I growled.

"Not Jackson." Madam Webb responded.

"And how would you know?!" I roared at her.

Ah...I shouldn't have lashed out at her...

"Because my own daughter fancies him." Madam Webb replied calmly, as if she was unaffected by my yelling.

"You mean...?" I asked.

"Yes, Anna is in love with him." Madam Webb stated. "And I trust her judgement. I've talked to him myself. He's a good kid."

Anna. She's a good girl from what I've heard, but I've never talked to her myself.

"..." I looked away from Madam Webb, staring at the bed sheets under me.

"You should give him a chance. I promise he isn't like the others, the ones from back then." Madam Webb promised. "Make some more friends. You only have Krystal."

I kept my head down. "I'm sorry..." I muttered. For lashing out...though I couldn't get myself to say those words.

"It's fine." Madam Webb smiled.

"...Do you have a recording of the fight?" I asked.

"I do. Would you like to see it?" She asked.

"Yes, please." I politely responded.

All I remember was the human suddenly appearing in front of me, punching me across the face. And then everything went dark.

If he knocked me out...at the height we were at...

I would have been more injured than this. I recover from injuries quickly, but I wouldn't be this healed. I only have a few scratches, and there's no pain.

Madam Webb pulled out a phone, showing a video of the fight. I watched it all the way through to the point where I shook him off by flying into the air.