55 - The Chieftess Of Shippo

"Your grandma is the Chieftess?" I asked Krystal as we follows behind her Mom who was dragging an unconscious Newton.

"Ah...I never did mention that, did I?" Krystal sheepishly replied. "Yeah, our family leads Shippo Village."

"But why is your Grandma the Chieftess?" Sapphire asked.

"Well, Grandma hasn't stepped down yet." Krystal stated. "But when she does, my Mom will become the next Chieftess."

As we followed Krystal's Mom, I realized we weren't heading towards her house. We were instead heading towards a "town hall" like building.

As we walked towards it, the other Kitsunes looked at us strangely. Probably due to the fact that Krystal's Mom was dragging an unconscious Newton.

Krystal's Mom pushed open the door. Inside was a large room, with an elevated desk on stage where Krystal's Grandma was sat. In front of the stage were a ton of chairs, all facing the stage.

Her Grandma's eyes were closed, taking in deep breaths. She opened them, looking towards us and giving us a small smile.

"Hello." She greeted.

"We have come for your counseling." Krystal's Mom stated.

"I thought so." She smiled. "And I see you've found the source of what was wrong."

"You knew?" Krystal gasped.

"No." Her Grandma shook her head. "Not until now. So, what happened?"

"He...he...tried to kill Jack." Krystal slowly stated, fighting back her tears. "So that he could take his place..."

"I see." Grandma sighed. "I never would have expected this from him, but I doubt Krystal would lie. Especially about something like this."

"You give confirmation?" Grandma asked, looking towards Krystal's Mom.

"I do." She nodded. "Newton's reactions to Jack's survival served as enough evidence, and there was no illusion being cast at that time."

"How sad." She sighed once more. "It's been a long time since we've had a troublesome Kitsune...give me a moment."

She closed her eyes, humming to herself. She seemed to start to meditate, sitting still. We watched her in silence, and a whole minute later she finally opened her eyes.

"So that's what happened." She mused.

"You...saw?" Anna asked, confused.

"With a little bit of guidance, the eyes can see many things usually unreachable." Her Grandma mystically replied. "Though this technique is quite tough and I won't be able to use it again for quite a while."

"But I needed to see the full picture for a matter as major as this." She stated. "Please wake Newton up."

Krystal's Mom slapped him in the face, causing him to gasp awake. He frantically looked around, eyes landing on Krystal's Grandma.

"Chieftess!" He cried, getting on his hands and knees.

"Newton...you have committed a grave offense." She stated. "Trying to harm another Kitsune...especially with it being my own granddaughter."

"I...I...I..." Newton stuttered.

"Do not try to weasel out of this." Her Grandma cut him off. "You have tried to commit murder on one of her friends, then tried to trick her into giving herself to you. This is horrendous."

"You are hereby banished." She decided. "Unless Krystal has any objections.

"W-what?" Newton gasped, looking at her Grandma in shock. He turned to Krystal, desperate. "Krystal, tell her! Sh-she can't do this to me?!"