11 - Cue The Training Montage!

Day 1 of Training - [Deathbane Bow] and [Eagle Eye]

Finally school had ended for the day, and I could start my training.

I held the [Deathbane Bow] in my hands, examining it. It was a slick, black bow with the design of a skull on the handle.

It looks so cool!

I was currently in a training field that Madam Webb had set up for me, because I need all the help I can get.

Thank you Headmaster!

I looked at the target in front of me. It was ten feet away. This shouldn't be so hard.

A took an arrow, placing it into the bow string. I followed the correct movements, pulling the string to right front of my nose. I took a deep breath, releasing it as I let go of the string.

The arrow went flying towards the target. It's looking good!

Never mind. The arrow hit near the bottom. Wasn't even close to where I was aiming. Which was, of course, the bullseye.

Looks like I need more practice. And a lot of it.

I continued to practice shooting the arrows. I quickly got better, but that was probably because it was only ten feet away.

Alright, let's try twenty feet.

I walked backwards, making sure I was the correct distance away. Pulling the string back, I aimed towards the target.

Oh my god, I suck. I didn't even hit the target. I hit the ground in front of it...

Well, this is why I'm practicing.

Narrowing my eyes, I put the arrow back onto the string. I pulled it back.

Deep breath in, deep breath out.

Release.

The arrow went flying, heading straight towards the target. It stabbed straight into the bullseye.

[Deathbane Bow] - Level Up! - Unlocked "bow deals more damage"

Oh! It leveled up? So this makes it stronger?

"Yes Host." Sally confirmed.

I see. This is good. Time to keep grinding!

I kept shooting the bow, over and over again for hours, progressively moving farther away, increasing the distance and making it harder.

By the time I finished, I was drenched in sweat, my arms were heavy, and my stomach was rumbling.

I need some more fruit snacks...

"Sally, pull up the [Profile]." I requested, panting.

"On it Host." She replied, pulling up my [Profile] screen.

[Profile]

Name: Jackson Walker

Race: Human

AP: 0

Charm: Level 1

Strength: Level 2

Wisdom: Level 1

Agility: Level 1

[Freerunner] Level 2 - A small urge in the back of your head helps guide you.

[Hollow Wanderer] Level 1 - You can access the mysterious Hollow Realm through special portals.

[Chains of Holy Fire] Level 1 - You can summon and control chains infused with Holy Fire.

[Eagle Eye] Level 3 - You can see farther and clearer.