𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

The nightmare finally felt over when we made our safe return to Forks.

The layover flights we had to take from Florence to Atlanta and finally to Port Angeles were exhaustive and felt longer than our previous flight to Italy — though knowing that the danger was finally gone, I felt I could finally rest in peace with Alice beside me as we flew back home.

We drove back to mine and Bella's house in Carlisle's car that was left at the Port Angeles airport, and as to be expected, Charlie was still awake in the night and furious beyond explanation when he saw us pull up.

I figured despite Bella's insistence to Charlie that I had no say in the decision to leave abruptly that he would still be infuriated with me, and Alice for that matter.

Thankfully to my surprise, Alice managed to talk him down in his rage and explain the situation to him in her "version" of events that would seem believable enough to him.

He seemed to believe her and didn't show any strong resentment toward her since he was under the impression that it was all Edward and only Edward's doing that caused this sudden leave, and still saw Alice as a good influence he approved of.

The same couldn't be said for Edward, unfortunately for Bella. So much so in fact, that Edward was forbidden from our house until further notice — at least until Charlie's acrimony towards him settled. However, I figured those two lovebirds would find a way around that to see each other either way.

As for Bella and I's consequences for leaving, we were both grounded until further notice as well and could only leave to go to school and nowhere else, which I found only fair for the hell that was bestowed upon Charlie from us, which I knew I would feel forever sorry for no matter what.

However, the main matter my focus shifted towards once we returned home was Charlie's reaction — the reaction he suddenly had towards Alice and me.

I wasn't sure what it was that made his outlook on us suddenly change from the time Alice returned to "visit me" to the time all four of us returned from Italy.

Yet, the only conclusion I could come up with was the alter in my demeanor.

I knew that he would eventually notice how much happier I seemed to be now that Alice was back with no intention of leaving ever again, and that I appeared more lively again — similar to how Bella was ever since Edward came back into her life.

The moment that we returned home, and the moment I dolefully told Alice goodbye after she spoke with Charlie, letting him know she'd be back over soon to visit, he almost had this look on his face — a look that said he knew exactly why I grieved Alice as much as I did during her absence.

Although he didn't bring it up that night, I nervously worried he would soon once the stress of Bella and I leaving had died down enough.

Little did I know that the fear of the secretive topic I dreaded opening up to him about the moment I fell in love with Alice would suddenly expand the following day.