𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

Mid-September, 2005

Mid-September, 2005

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

I tried reminding myself that the previous night's dream I had was simply a dream and nothing more — a nightmare if you will.

The room I saw myself standing in was dimly lit. The floor below my feet was a bright shade of cherry red, made of soft carpet. The tall wooden ceilings had bright chandeliers hanging above my head — the only form of light that lightened the room.

In front of me was a long aisle of red, with rows of wooden benches on both sides of it, all facing towards the front of the large room. At the end of the aisle was a long, rectangular casket made of aluminum metal and the shade of silver — it was left open and had several types of flowers spread around it.

Reluctantly, I slowly walked down the long aisle past the seats and approached the casket. As I stepped forward to look in, I noticed the figure of an older woman lying inside.

She was dressed in a long, pale blue floral dress with ruffles. Her hair was curled, thick, and white as snow above her head. Her skin was withered, and lines and creases were in all places on her face, neck, and down her warm-toned arms which were both placed above her stomach and crossed together.

Her eyes were closed tightly, her ruby-colored lips were closed, and she appeared to not be breathing.

That's when I realized amid my confusion about where I was that I was standing in a church and that there must've been a funeral taking place.

Yet, there was no one there — the only person there was myself in this empty chapel alongside the female corpse lying peacefully inside the coffin.

I then wondered whose funeral it could've been, and why I was there — all alone.

As I stood looking down at the aged woman in the casket, it suddenly felt as if I was no longer alone in the room — that another presence was with me.

Hesitant, I looked away from the old woman, and turned to my side, planning to see nothing and that I was simply paranoid.

Instead, I saw the girl whom I recognized immediately. Her snow-white skin glittered like crystals under the light of the chandeliers and appeared paler in contrast to her spiky black hair.

She was dressed in a long, lace black dress, and shiny black heels that pointed at the tip. In her hands was a single white rose — her expression was filled with sorrow and a hint of regret as she stared at the open casket.

She seemed to not notice me standing there as she stepped over and looked down at the lady lying inside. She reached her hand over to the woman's closed hand, lifted her withered hand, and placed the single rose in her hand before lying her hand back down over her other.