𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

October, November, and December went by quicker than a blur.

Yet, It felt as if barely any time had gone by since that fateful day in September, when the girl whom I loved dearly and bared my soul to left along with her family without a trace, leaving my heart bruised and bleeding out endlessly with no intentions of healing.

What made the pain of it all more heartrending was that I couldn't express any grief or sorrow to anyone.

Charlie never knew what Alice and I were, and I never planned to tell him, whether she was gone or not. To him, she and I were simply very close friends, and I was limited to how much sadness I could show, as I didn't want him questioning why I felt so depressed and grievous over her leaving.

Although I knew it was normal and valid for anyone to grieve losing a friend, I worried he would soon realize, by somehow finding out how I truly felt about it, that she and I were much more than friends — I couldn't let him find out about that.

On account of that, I had to try my hardest to mask my deeper emotions, and not let them pour out until dusk arrived at the end of every day. 

I could occasionally convey to my father that I did miss Alice, and he would be understanding about it, but I could never speak about it long, or else I would risk building up the waterworks in front of him, thus concerning him.

I didn't want to worry Charlie, as he was already concerned enough about Bella, whom I didn't want to vent to either because of the state she was in. She concerned everyone around her, not just me and our dad.

Ever since the night she was found in the forest by Sam, she remained in this neverending stupor that she could never seem to snap out of. Despite living together, she physically and mentally distanced herself from me and Charlie, making him grow more concerned.

She would rarely leave her bedroom and never wanted to speak with me if I ever tried to check on her, though I chose to never argue against her wishes.

Driving to school with her in her truck was always silent, with only a few occasional responses if I tried speaking with her. She didn't even want to turn on the new stereo that was gifted to her from Emmett before the Cullens left, as any reminder of Edward was like a strike to the face for her.

She also distanced herself from the rest of our friends at school, mainly worrying Angela, Eric, and even Mike. She even began sitting at the empty table in the cafeteria that the Cullens always sat at for lunch every day.

Despite it being hard for me to do at first, I decided to join her and would eat lunch in silence with her at this table during every lunch period, while receiving glares from other students, mainly Jessica.

Though Jessica noticed Bella's sudden change in her demeanor, she never paid much attention to it like Angela or Mike did, dismissing it as Bella "being in zombie mode from Edward moving" — one of the many reasons I didn't consider Jessica a friend of mine.