𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

"Emmett, Noelle, get Jasper out of here." Carlisle asserted calmly.

I was still shivering up against the far back wall of the living room with Alice's hands grasped onto my shoulders to hold me back in case Jasper unexpectedly decided to attempt to turn on me next.

However, with how badly wounded Bella's arm was from the plunge and how much blood was pouring from the cuts, I doubted he would feel tempted enough by a human of the opposite state that Bella was in.

Still fiercely struggling, Jasper was forcibly taken out of the living room by Emmett's sturdy grip he had on both his arms from behind his back, while Rosalie and Noelle followed behind to assist with keeping him contained outside.

"I'm so sorry, Bella," Esme said apologetically, shamefaced, as she followed the others outside.

Carlisle then dashed over to Bella, knelt beside her, and surveyed the damage of her wounds. Edward remained in the room, standing a good distance away from Bella as he peered down at her with distinct regret in his ocher eyes.

"I'll need to stitch these up in my office," Carlisle said softly before turning to look at Edward. "Go check on Jasper, Edward. I'm sure he's very upset with himself, and I doubt he'll listen to anyone else but you right now."

With long hesitation, Edward finally turned to slowly exit the living room through the front glass door.

Alice lightened her defensive grip on my shoulders since the room was empty of everyone besides Carlisle and Bella, leading me to hastily run over to Bella on the other side of the room to check on her, while Alice ran behind me.

"Bella!" I cried, stopping in front of her. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Bella replied steadily, holding up her injury-free hand in defense.

"Alice, I think it's best that you take Scarlett home," Carlisle suggested politely. "I don't want to risk her getting hurt as well with the state that Jasper is in."

"No, I don't want to leave," I objected. "I'm not leaving my sister's side after what just occurred."

"Scarlett, your safety matters too," Carlisle calmly responded. "I promise that Bella will be well taken care of, and I'll clean up and remove any glass fragments from her wounds, and stitch them up as quick as I can."

"But isn't our father going to question why Bella isn't with me when I return home?" I questioned.

"You could tell him that Edward wanted to take me out for a dinner date after the party," Bella suggested, still seated on the floor. "So that he isn't suspicious why I'm out later."

I was tired of lying to Charlie at that point, but I knew I had no other choice.

"Fine," I muttered.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine," Bella assured me, trying to keep her anxious tone as calm as possible.