𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

"Oh, hello," Alice said, surprised but still polite. "Scarlett, who's this?"

Dakota's face turned angrier as her body trembled with antagonism, and she instantly began approaching her unwelcomingly.

"So, you're the bloodsucker I smelt!" Dakota bit.

Alice's eyes widened with confusion and fret as she slowly backed up in defense from Dakota, who was fiercely looking down at Alice's shorter stature.

"Kota, stop! I pleaded.

I rushed to put myself between the two girls as if I were a strong shield that could defend a shatterproof, marble-skinned vampire such as Alice.

"Please, Kota!" I held up my hands. "Don't hurt her!"

"You're defending one of them?" She questioned angrily. "After being vigorously hunted by one?"

"She's not like her!" I tried telling her. "Alice would never hurt me like that!"

Shock flitted across her face, now realizing who the vampire was that I was protecting — provoking her even more than before.

"This is Alice?" She inquired, gesturing to the vampire guarded behind me. "Alice Cullen?"

I timidly nodded once. "Yes."

"As in your ex-bloodsucker who left you?" She probed curtly.

"Kota, please don't start anything," I begged, not wanting any more conflict to transpire.

"Why the hell is she here?" She nearly shouted.

Alice suddenly moved in front of me, still keeping a safe distance between her and Dakota, and I warily stood off to the side when Alice advanced past my shielded position.

"I'm sorry, but may I ask who you are?" Alice chimed in, slightly miffed in her tone.

"Don't speak to me, you leech!" Dakota asserted. "You've put her through nothing but danger and hell — you and your whole family of bloodsuckers!"

"What did you call me?" Alice's voice tensed, still calm.

"You heard me," Dakota retorted. "That's all that your kind is!"

"Kota, enough!" I interrupted. "If you're just here to argue and throw out insults, I think it's best you just leave."

"Scarlett, why is she here?" Dakota demanded. "I thought she was gone for good."

"Can we please just talk about this later?" I begged. "Right now is not a good time."

"Scarlett, if she's here, then I can't protect you here anymore," she sternly told me. "We can only protect our own territory with a Cullen here."