𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

Dakota drove us south out of town en route to where La Push was located.

We drove on a long paved road that winded in and out of the thick forest until there were no more trees on either side and a beautiful glimpse of the Pacific Ocean could be seen from above the shore on the cliff we were driving by, which was thankfully bordered by metal road barriers to keep cars from diving off the sides into the water.

She turned and parked on the far right side of the road — away from the path of any oncoming cars — on the opposite side of where a long sea cliff stretched out over the shore, with many trees pine trees encroaching the cliff.

"Where are we going?" I asked, turning to look over at her.

"Just follow me." She politely instructed, unbuckling her seatbelt.

With that, she stepped out of the car, before I reluctantly did the same, wondering where we were going from there.

She looked to both sides of the road before dashing across it to the other side where the sea cliff was nearby. I did the same road safety precaution and ran across the road where I met her side.

"I thought this would be a good place to talk." She commented as she began slowly walking onto the grass-covered cliff.

We both walked in between the few tall trees there were until a bare grass-covered area of the cliff was visible, which was also where the edge of the cliff was.

The view of the beach appeared to endlessly stretch on, and the peaceful sound of the waves crashing against the stone below the cliff seemed to quiet my mind.

"This place is so beautiful," I uttered, looking out onto the ocean.

"It's one of my favorite places to go," she noted. "If I ever need a quiet, peaceful place to think."

"I can see why," I replied, still walking around admiring the environment. "This is the perfect place to do that."

"Careful." She asserted, rushing over to me.

That's when I realized my feet were far too close to the edge of the cliff from me aimlessly strolling around in my state of admiration.

She gently but swiftly took my arm and pulled me away from the edge, as I looked behind me realizing how far down the ocean was.

"We should sit over here," she gestured to one of the trees further back from us. "Away from the edge."

"Good idea." I snickered.

I followed behind her as she led me to the tree, which was far enough back to keep us safe from falling off the cliff, but close enough to where we still had a good view of the ocean to look at.

We both sat down on the stone ground covered in patches of grass and leaned up against the thick brown trunk of the tree.

I pulled my knees close to my chest, wrapped both my arms around them to keep them close to me, and continued looking out into the ocean.