17

Weeks passed after the asylum had crumbled down into rubble. The remaining survivors: Tom, Lily, Percy and Mia who had finally escaped the asylum's terror had been taken by the police to their parents, the parents of the survivors soon reunited with welcome arms, as the parents who lost their children cried in despair.

The police took down every information and details from Tom and the others about their experience while they were trapped in the asylum. Soon they finished up gathering information and they were allowed to leave the police station. The sun shone brightly in the sky. Lily, Mia and Percy, who were ready to go home with their parents, went to talk with Tom.

"We'll see you soon, Tom." Percy said as he smiled.

"Make sure you text us a lot." Lily also added as she giggled.

"I'll never forget this adventure." Mia said happily to everyone

Tom nodded as he smiled at them, the group then shared a hug they would never forget.

Soon Percy, Mia and Lily drove back home. Tom was all alone outside the police station's doors.

He recounted his adventure with his friends. It was one heck of a ride, horrifying as well. He ran back to Moondust Street

An hour had passed, he had arrived. He saw the asylum again, now still demolished to rubble. The sun shone at its remains as the fog had faded off Moondust Street. He thought about what the demon had said about his mother and father being Adrian and Phoenix Maxwell, the founders of the asylum. I still have one question to ask. He thought to himself, and turned his back on the ruins and walked away.

He walked back to his home in Ghostwood, his father and mother outside the house waiting for Tom. They both saw each other, tears fell from their eyes, as they shared a group hug.

"Don't ever leave us again." sobbed his mother.

"As soon as we saw you on the news, we came home to get you." his father said as he teared out of joy his son was still alive.

"I missed you too guys." Tom said as he hugged his parents tighter, not ever wanting to let go.

He soon let go of his parents and said "I want to ask you something."

After he asked the question, Bill and Rosemary explained that they were best friends with the Maxwells, back when they were young, They always put Tom under their care when they were busy managing the asylum till the horrifying chaos ensued as they heard the news, They adopted Tom, and raised him well since his real parents are now deceased .

"I wish I could have told you sooner." Rosemary said.

"Don't worry Mom, It's better than being adopted by another family, never could I have asked for a better family than you guys ." Tom said happily, "You are my only family, and my real mom would be proud of you mom."

Mrs. Rosemary gave a warm smile. "I think Phoenix would be really proud of me."

The family hugged together for the first time, Suddenly, they felt a sudden warm embrace behind them, they felt the souls of Adrian and Phoenix, hugging them with open arms. The family looked behind them and saw them, they were glowing yellow.

"Take care of my son." Phoenix said as she smiled.

The family smiled happily as Tom's real parents happily floated back into the afterlife. The family then let go of each other, happy to have been reunited again

"Well, what are we going to do now?" asked Tom.

"Let's have fun." his father Bill, answered.

"We should celebrate!" Rosemary exclaimed "I'll get the cake!"

The family then headed inside their house as they spent the time of the day celebrating Tom's return.