13

Back to Tom, he went inside the room behind Sean and screamed "Where are you guys?" he would hear faint words like "Over here" or "This way" He ran to where the sounds were coming from but the closer he got, the more faint the voices seemed to be.

He pulled out his flashlight and turned it on. Its light dimmed faintly as well, the battery inside was about to give up sooner or later. He turned it off and conserved its power. He looked around the room but it was too dark to see, so he activated his flashlight. And saw a staircase in front of him. They could be up there, Wait for me everyone, I'm coming for you. He thought to himself. But he had no time to think when the demon had broken the door behind him, startling him falling to his knees.

"You thought I'd make it easy to locate your friends again." the demon asked with a murderous grin. Tom backed away as the demon slowly walked towards him, the demon then plunged at him, he rolled over and dodged the attack. He soon managed to get back up to his knees.

He stopped for a moment and looked at the demon's right and saw a door. I gotta go to the stairway. He thought to himself and charged towards the devil. The devil thought he was gonna attack and charged at him too, at the moment where the demon could trade blows, Tom dodged the hit, and ran to the stairway he saw. The demon saw Tom run up the stairs and followed him in pursuit. And the demon chased Tom in the long hallway.

Tom and the demon chased each other like a cat and mouse in the long narrow hallway. Halfway through the hall, Tom caught a glimpse of a staircase. and stopped to climb the stairs. The demon had failed to grab Tom, since he ran too fast, so it stopped for a moment and went up the stairs to follow Tom too.

As the demon had finished climbing up the stairs, he was at the third floor of the hallway, he caught a glimpse of Tom as he ran off to the darkness on the end of the hallway.

The demon grinned as it ran after him, trying to catch up. He ran faster, as he ran to the end of the hallway and he saw a door, the demon tried to brake to a halt, but its feet slipped as it tried to slow down, there was a sudden crash. The demon got back up to its feet, it looked around, it was the nurse's changing room, but no one was there. "He's hiding here somewhere." the demon muttered to himself as he violently punched the lockers to check if Tom was there.

Tom was hiding in one of the lockers, holding his hands to his mouth, so the demon didn't hear his breathing. As the sudden punch got louder and louder, he felt a sudden warmth, since the demon had set himself on fire, Tom was sweating, his heart was now pounding louder and louder, the demon was about to punch the locker, the locker suddenly burst open. The demon had been slapped by the locker, as the demon fell to the floor, he saw a kid, Tom was in there and he had stood up and sprinted off immediately.

"That twisted mortal! I'll get him for this!" the demon roared as flames shot out of him.

Tom got out safely of the room and ran quietly so the demon wouldn't know where he ran off to, he saw another staircase and ran up it quietly.

Tom was now at the fourth floor, he looked for any sign of Percy and the others, but to his luck, he didn't see them. Where did you guys run off into? He thought to himself.

Suddenly he heard a voice behind him. Somehow it felt familiar. But he wasn't sure. Could this be a trap set up by the demon to kill him? Curiously, he walked closer to where the sound came from. He raised out his fists and gulped. He walked closer as his body shook in fear. He walked closer.. Then he heard something fall, it fell by itself. Tom flinched as he heard the sound.

He shone his flashlight on the floor, he was relieved to see that it was just a wooden plank that fell on its own. But knowing that the plank made a sound. He knew that the demon heard that and decided to sprint while trying not to make a sound at the same time.