12

The group all looked at the demon, they stayed still, with their weapons in hand. "I don't mean harm" said the demon as it spoke in a raspy, cold tone.

"You clearly want something, what is it?" said Tom with his knife pointed at the demon. The demon's grin grew wider. It was a horrifying sight to see.

"I felt a presence of Maxwell's soul." said the demon as its sadistic grin grew wider.

"I assure you we know no one named Maxwell." Tom replied confidently.

The demon cackled an eerie tone. It changed its stance as it plunged at Tom. Tom tried to slash it down with his knife, but his attack went through. It was over for him. He was cornered, the demon was in front of him, he accepted his fate, he couldn't swing back his knife. It would be too late. He waited for the fatal blow, but he felt nothing. He opened his eyes. The demon had gone, where could it have gone? He looked around and saw Sean on the floor, howling in pain.

"Sean, are you all right?!" Tom shouted worriedly.

Instead of a yes or no, Sean replied as he howled in pain.
"Stop wasting your time and all of you run!" Sean screamed as the pain inside him got worse. They exited the office and took the keys off their key slots. The door closed as the sound of Sean's painful screams muffled. The five run back down to the long hallway, Tom looked back at the door "Thank you Sean." he muttered and then ran off to follow the four

The four ran off as far away from the office. They were back at the long hallway with their weapons clutched tight in their hands. They ran down the stairs, and Percy tripped in the process. The others left him behind with Tom following in pursuit "Get up, we gotta get out of here." Tom yelled. He gave him his hand and Percy got back up to his feet. "Here. You'll need this." and handed out the two golden keys. Tom took the keys and placed them in both of his pockets. As they went to see the others, they saw that Lily and the two had stopped in their tracks. The souls had broken free of their dormitories. They were all horrifying to even look at.

"I guess we gotta go through them," Lily informed the group. They all nodded at each other. They pulled out all their weapons, and cut through the disfigured souls. They found the stairs and ran down.

They had soon arrived at the entrance. They were going to be free and alive. As they got closer suddenly, someone fell from the ceiling and landed in front of the entrance, blocking their path. It was Sean, who was now under the possession of the demon.

"Going so soon, Maxwell?" The demon asked with a sadistic grin that didn't fit Sean's face at all.

"We don't have a Maxwell, they died a long time ago!" yelled Tom.

The demon cackled loudly that the whole room quivered. "Oh, foolish child, You are terribly wrong!" shouted the demon.

Tom was stunned, who could be the last Maxwell that the demon had been searching for? "We'll bring him to you if you let us go!" declared Tom. The demon laughed a horrifying laugh that sounded raspy and scary.

"Oh, no need to bring him to me, He's right in front of me." The demon had pointed his finger at him, as it kept grinning.

Tom was the last Maxwell, But how could he be? It'd been fifteen years since Adrian and Phoenix died. How could he be?

"Liar! I'm not Maxwell" snapped Tom.

The demon didn't believe him. He left Sean's body and Sean collapsed to the floor, unconscious.

"You don't know it yet." it mocked him.

"What do you know, that you're hiding from me?" Tom yelled.

"Bill and Rosemary were never your parents!" the demon announced loudly. Everyone is shocked. Tom had great parents, but he now realized that his parents are really his parents. "Do you know what happened back at the time you cursed this place!?" Tom asked angrily. "Well of course" it said coolly. "I remember every bit of it." it grinned maliciously.