Standing In The Fall: Part Two

Like autumn leaves, destruction drifted upon the world.

Explosions rocked the vault of the fall maiden, the sound of metal cutting through the air and the impact of limbs creating a symphony of chaotic despair. The walls shook as flames were blasted all around, lightning up the dark room as the lights above exploded from the tremors.

For the battle that was taking place was an intense clash of some of the world's strongest, a titanic struggle that shook the entire school. The man of one thousand lives, the shadowed crow, the puppetered assassin, and the true fall maid - all four joining forces in order to battle the one who wished to bring the world to its knees.

Amber took charge, acting as the primary combatant. She hammered Cinder with blasts of unrestrained magical power, waves of red hot fire that came out with unbridled fury and overwhelming intensity. Now that she was face to face with the person who had almost sent her to her grave, Amber's blood was boiling and she was ready to make her pay.

Ozpin hung back, still in a bit of a stupor at his old companion's sudden arrival. But nevertheless, the headmaster was offering invaluable assistance. He used his magic to create emerald green barriers to protect both he and his allies from Cinder's elemental attacks, as well as attacking at precise moments - speeding up his own time to land a flurry of blows in an instant.

Qrow was the secondary close quarters fighter, taking Amber's place whenever she got overwhelmed, and using his massive weapon and skill to deal meaty hits on Cinder from behind. He also acted as the muscle of the ground, throwing Cinder around whenever he got the chance.

Kuro was Amber's companion, the only one familiar enough with the fall maiden's new fighting style to truly fight alongside her. She slipped between Cinder's defenses, striking at vital points and avoiding damage with her ridiculous agility.

But their opponent... was a far greater challenge than anticipated.

"Get off of me!" Cinder seethed as she intercepted a punch from Qrow, effortlessly throwing him across the room and sending him smashing into the back wall. Kuro tried to attack during this moment, but Cinder only kicked the girl in the gut and sent her tumbling to the floor.

"Why are you even saying that? Do you actually think he's just going to stop?" Amber mocked as she stretched out her right hand and pointed two fingers towards Cinder. In a flash, a powerful bolt of blue lightning erupts from her fingers and rocketing towards the false fall maiden.

"Shut up." Cinder growled as she turned around, setting her hand ablaze and burning the lightning away with a smack. She then rushed towards Amber, aiming to strike at the girl's face with her fiery fist - but she was intercepted by Ozpin, who struck her two dozen times in the side with his cane before she could even register what had happened.

"Thanks, gramps." Amber called out with a smile as she blasted Cinder with a massive wave of fire, engulfing the raven haired woman and throwing her back towards the back of the room, where Qrow had recovered and now held his great sword up high above his head. With a furious cry, he brought it down as Cinder flew towards him, timing it perfectly so that his sword struck the back of her head, slashing at her aura and making her curse wildly.

Not wanting to let Cinder recover, Amber and Ozpin both rushed towards the dazed woman, battering her with a barrage of body blows which left her body rattled. The false maiden tried to recover, stepping back and aiming an uppercut at Amber's chin, but the true maiden only leaned to the side, grabbing Cinder's arm and holding it in place as she kicked off from her chest, sending the raven haired woman back. Amber sent Ozpin a message with her eyes, telling him to move as she quickly weaved a hand sign.