Beginnings Of His Final Dance

Madara sat in a confined room, making sure to keep an eye on the door. The other students had returned soon after himself, and the acceptance ceremony had begun. He recalled the teams, RWBY, JNPR, CRDL, and a few others. Ruby in particular had been happy to see him, zooming over to him when they first locked eyes. He had given her a quick congratulations, before walking off with Ozpin. She had looked like she wanted to say more, but instead resigned to speak with him later.

Soon enough, Ozpin arrived in the office, the creaking of the door making Madara feel much less on edge. The headmaster walked past him, before taking a seat behind his desk.

"Well, Mr. Madara, the assignment was to gather a partner, but I suppose that it couldn't be helped, right?" Madara nodded, motioning for Ozpin to continue. "In most cases, this would result in immediate expulsion, perhaps a guarantee for next year's roster...but your skills make that a fool's decision."

Madara hummed in agreement, folding his arms. "So, what do you propose?" He watched as the headmaster analyzed him, two pairs of eyes locked in an invisible struggle. But eventually, Ozpin relented, clearing his throat.

"I will present you with two options, it is your choice to pick one of them. If you have any other ideas, please, let me know." He started, pausing to let Madara nod. "Option one: I put you on an already established team. You would be on a team with 4 others, creating a 5 man-cell. Careful consideration would have to be made as to unique bedding arrangements, assignments, and partnership for your team."

"A first year team?" Madara interrupted, black eyes analyzing the man carefully. Ozpin nodded in affirmation, making Madara think.

'There were three teams that were accepted into the academy. Team CRDL is a bunch of miscreants and hooligans, Team JNPR is far better, but I refuse to be under the command of that blond oaf. Team RWBY...'

Silver eyes.

Red eyes

Red blood

Fallen brothers

"And the second choice?" Madara questioned, contempt lacing his words. Ozpin regarded him briefly, words then dancing from the tip of his tongue.

"Be put on a one-man team. The first in Beacon's history, but with your skill, I trust it wouldn't be too difficult for you." Madara let a small smirk break out on his face, before offering a hand to the headmaster.

"I believe my choice is quite clear, thank you for your time, Professor."

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madara was silent as he entered his new dormroom, taking in the small space he would be residing in for the foreseeable future. The walls were a pale white, a single landscape painting hung up on the wall. One bed took up the corner, sheets an ivory shade that complimented the deep red of the blanket. The room seemed to have been recently carpeted, the dull gray cushioning Madara's feet. A wooden desk took up the other corner along with a stool of the same material, pairing quite well with his bedside table. Glancing over to the side, Madara could see a tiny bathroom and dining area, complete with all of the necessary essentials for such activities.

'Certainly one of the better residences I've stayed in.'

The Ghost of the Uchiha quickly turned and locked his door, before snaking into the bathroom and into the shower. He quickly undressed, grimacing in disgust and the discolored-zetsu skin and face of his friend on his chest.

'What would you do here, Hashirama?'

Madara brought his hand up and turned the knob all the way, letting the raging water spray onto his body. The liquid was ice-cold, but quickly warmed up into a scalding burn. But to Madara, it was only luke-warm. He stared up in deep thought as the water soaked his hair, releshing in the first good shower he had in decades.