Into The Depths

Ruby was quiet as their bullhead soared through the sky, passing over the populous city below. It had been about an hour since they had boarded, and the crimsonette knew that they only had a little while longer until they reached their destination.

Currently, she was still thinking about her conversation with Madara back at Beacon. Ever since he had revealed to her a bit about his past, their friendship had become a lot more...genuine. He smiled more, laughed more, and had even begun to get along with her team.

And what he had said to her... it had got her thinking. She couldn't linger of her failures and regrets, because he was right. All that was left was tomorrow. She had to dream on her own, and pave the way for a world she wanted. She felt a smile form on her face at the thought of her, Madara, the Aktasuki and Team RWBY, all cheering overtop the foundations for a world without tragedy. A world without grimm. A world without the horrors of pain or loss.

If only...

"Ruby, are you alright?" Ruby snapped herself from her thoughts at the voice of her partner, looking over to her side where Weiss sit with a somewhat worried expression. The silver eyed girl couldn't help but smile at the heiress' expression. Even if Weiss pretended to be cold and unfeeling, there was no doubt that she cared a lot for her teammates.

"Yeah, I'm fine... I was just... thinking." Ruby tried to wave away the ivory-haired girl's worries, who narrowed her eyes in concern. Piercing blue broke right through the lie, making Weiss deadpan.

"Ruby, you're a terrible liar....I'm just worried about you." Ruby couldn't fight the genuine smile on her face at that, deciding to grab one of Weiss' hands which the other girl, while startled, didn't object to.

"Thanks, Weiss... But I really am fine. I was just thinking about something Madara told me." Ruby watched as Weiss' eyes narrowed ever so slightly at the mention of her brooding friend, a spark of suspicion coming to life in her sapphire eyes.

"Oh really? And what did he tell you?" Weiss asked, her voice firm and expression hard. The red reaper sighed in exasperation. While Madara was beginning to get along with the others, they still were a bit wary of one another. Weiss in particular seemed to monitor Madara whenever she could, watching the Uchiha like a hawk. But Ruby supposed she could understand the shorter girl's caution, Madara was quite the intimidating guy from afar.

"Weiss..." Ruby groaned jokingly, making the heiress roll her eyes. Weiss shifted in her seat, as if contemplating something before giving Ruby a look.

"Ruby... are you sure he's safe?" Ruby sighed, trying to think of the words. She was quiet for a few moments, before she gave Weiss a hesitant grin.

"Madara has saved my life before, Weiss... and I know that he might be a bit... stoic and scary, but he has a good heart. Can't you see that?" Weiss paused at that, tucking a white strand of hair behind her ear before sighing. A small smile formed on her face as she herself sighed.

"I know, I know... he just still give me vibes that make me weary...but I can't lie, he's starting to grow on me... just a little." Ruby's smile became blinding at that, making her get up and wrap Weiss in a hug, resting her chin on the older girl's shoulder. Her partner sputtered and stuttered, but she eventually returned the embrace, albeit much more awkwardly.

"Thanks, Weiss... I just want us to all be friends." The heiress analyzed her leader for a moment, before she giggled, tilting her head and smiling back at the girl.

"Friends? Maybe one day... and you still haven't told me what he said to you that's got you thinking. I know it must be important, because it's hard enough to get you to think as it is." Ruby pouted at the joke, pulling away and folding her arms while Weiss chuckled.