She Must Forgive Me

Jacob

Tim rang him.
"Are you in Frankfurt?"
"Yeah, I've been here for six hrs. Why?" Jacob smiled watching his mom telling his dad off.
Tim coughed.
"Alexis is here. I've just seen her in the supermarket."
"WHAT. S**T. I NEED TO GET BACK QUICK." He shouted and put the phone down.
He didn't tell his parents where he was going, just grabbed his jacket and left. He knew that if they knew he was going back they would ring her.
In a cafe he scoured his phone for what he needed. A helicopter that would fly him back to Berlin straight away.

Two hours and a few thousand euro later he climbed out of the helicopter and ran to his friend waiting for him.
"It was definitely her Tim?" He asked, climbing behind the wheel.
"She tried to disguise herself, but her Schmetterling gave her away. Plus I followed her discreetly to your home."
He dropped Tim at the mansion and drove to the house. He looked at the key in his hand. Should he knock or just let himself in?
Deciding on the latter he silently walked in. She was lying on the sofa, eyes closed, music softly playing.
Creeping forward he ran a hand over her hair.
"Schmetterling." He whispered.
A tear trickled from her eye. He wiped it away. Her eyes flew open and she shot up.
"Get out." She hissed.
He looked at her.
"Alexis whatever you think I didn't. It was a set up. I shared a room with Michael. First night I went to bed early, not feeling well, took painkillers and went to sleep. Michael went taking pictures of the area. I swear I knew nothing about it. I was set up."
"How convenient that Michael went taking pictures." She laughed nervously.
"For f**ks sake Lexi." He pulled his hands through his hair. "I f***ing miss you, and Lucca. I want you home Lexi." He dropped to his knees.

She looked up at the ceiling.
"Stop submitting to me Jacob. This is serious." She looked at him. "For Christ's sake get the f**k up."
He watched as she walked away into the kitchen. She looked thinner. He wondered if she was eating properly. He heard Lucca cry over the monitor and stood.
She walked out the kitchen and looked at him.
"I've got him." She ran up the stairs.
He could hear her talking to him over the monitor.
"Shhh. Hey mommy's here. Let me feed you."
His c**k twitched, remembering watching her as their son sucked her pert n*****s. What he wouldn't give to lie next to her, hold her against him, touch her body, kiss her. He rearranged his uncomfortability.

Taking a risk he climbed the stairs.
"Can I see my son?" He asked from outside the bedroom door.
There was a rustling of material and the door opened. Lucca was lying on the bed. Walking over he looked down at him. His blue eyes looked back at him and he waved his arms around.
"Hey handsome. Daddy's missed you."
She huffed behind him and left them alone.

********************

Alexis

Leaving him with Lucca she went down to the kitchen. Loading the washing machine she switched it on, then busied herself with something just to take her mind off him.
How did he get here so quickly?
How did he know she was here?
She was fighting her emotions. She wanted to believe him. If only she had solid proof that it was a set up. She wanted to be in his arms, wanted the soft plump lips of his on her body following his hands. She shook her head to clear the images and took a deep breath.

"He's asleep." His voice made her jump but her skin tingled.
"It's been a long day. I'm tired too. So I think you should leave." She uttered.
He walked in front of her. His hands held her shoulders.
"We need to talk."
"No Jacob. Unless you can prove to me it's a setup then there is nothing to talk about."
His hands stroked her arms. Then his fingers moved under her chin, tilting her face up to look at him.
Her emotions began to race as her head fought with them not to succumb to him. She watched as his eyes moved from hers to her lips as his head lowered and his lips took hers.
'Do not respond.' Her head shouted. 'Stand firm.'

Wrapping her arms around herself when he lifted his head, she kept her eyes down.
"Goodnight Jacob." She whispered.
"Alexis. I'll get proof I promise. I'm not giving up on us. Please don't shut me out." He told her.
She turned her back to him, feeling the hurt radiating off him.
"Can I come and see Lucca tomorrow?"
"He will be at Clemmy's. I'm doing the yogathon in the park. I'll let her know you will be calling in."
Her body cooled as she watched his reflection in the window as he walked away, then slumping into a chair, and as the front door closed, her tears flowed.