66. Love Letters

I was waiting for stuff to die down on Twitter before deciding whether to continue or not.

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Sapnap slaps the wad of mail on the kitchen island and begins rooting through the envelopes and magazines.

A model leaning seductively against a doorframe clothed in a deep purple bikini stares back at him. Sapnap just slides the magazine across the counter and into the blue recycling bin.

A deep sigh escapes him as he places a flat white envelope to the side and piles four more on top.

More bills for Dream to pay.

The last envelope appears to be the same as the others but as he flips it over, a red wax seal in the shape of a heart is imprinted on the back, keeping it closed.

Sapnap lets out a soft laugh and twirls the paper between his fingers.

"Dream!" he yells, pausing to wait for a response before yelling again. "DREAM!"

"Are you dying?" Is Dream's muffled yelled answer.

"No! But come here! I have something important to give you!"

The door slams and a few seconds later, Dream enters the kitchen, rubbing his eyes sleepily. His hair is rumpled and sticks up in every direction.

Sapnap smoothers a giggle at his bedraggled look and holds the envelope behind his back.

"What?" Dream groans, yawns, then stretches. Sapnap just smiles back. "Sapnap if the important thing was the bills I'll do them later."

"You have a letter," his smile becomes mischievous and he produces the letter from behind his back and holds it out to Dream. On the front, in lopsided cursive is Dream's name surrounded by tiny hearts.

Dream grabs the envelope but Sapnap yanks it away, holding it teasingly away.

"Sapnap," Dream warns. He moves around the table, slowly stalking Sapnap as he avoids him. "Give me that."

Sapnap's heartbeat speeds up as Dream stalks toward him, a small smile gracing his lips.

"Saaaaapnaaaaap."

He shudders, Dream was using his 'Manhunt Voice' which makes him feel like a bunny rabbit being stalked by a predator.

"Hmmmm," the envelope remains crisp in Sapnap's hand as he tosses it a foot above his head before grabbing it again. "Come and get it."

Dream's footsteps pound against the floor as he dashes after Sapnap. He streaks through the hallway and into the living room.

As Dream rounds the corner, he throws a pillow at his face and jumps onto the couch. The pillow attack barely fazes Dream as he leaps onto the couch too, grabbing Sapnap's arm and pulling him closer.

Sapnap lets out a sharp squeal and pushes Dream's face, causing him to fall backward onto the cushions. He jumps off the sofa and wraps his hand around the handle of the back door.

"Sapnap don't you dare," Dream threatens, slowly getting to his feet.

The back door slams behind him as Sapnap takes a flying leap through, landing on the warm, soft grass.

He looks back to see Dream running after him and makes a beeline for the front of the house, sprinting across the lawn.

Dream spies the football from their game yesterday and throws it at Sapnap's head. It collides with a thud and Sapnap tumbles headfirst into the grass. Dream literally pounces on him, fighting to pin his flailing limbs to the ground.

"Give it!" Dream yells as Sapnap pummels his chest with kicks. "That's my letter!"

"No!" Sapnap hugs the letter close to his chest as Dream grabs ahold of it and tries to pry his fingers off.

"You're crushing it! STOP!" With an unexpected amount of force, Dream drags Sapnap's hands away and grabs the letter, now creased and folded from the scuffle.

He gets to his feet and walks back to the house, carefully smoothing the letter. He ignores Sapnap's grumbling and slams the front door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the letter opener in hand, Dream makes a careful cut across the top of the letter, being extremely careful not to damage the contents.

He shakes the envelope and two pieces of paper fall out.

He opens the larger piece and grins almost at once.

My dearest beloved Dream,

Every day feels so lonely without you. I miss your laugh, your voice, your scent, your touch. I long for the day when we can be reunited once again. You make me the happiest person on earth. My heart flutters when I see you and I feel like I could fly. You are my sun, my world, my universe. You are everything to me.

When the day I see you again comes, I will greet you with roses and a kiss (idc if roses are your thing I WILL buy them for you). Then we will dance under the stars and fall asleep in each other's arms.

I'm already DREAMing of seeing you again <3

All my love,
Y/N

Dream's face hurts from the wide grin stretching across it. He looks at the bottom and notices the reddish-pink kiss mark in the bottom right corner.

He closes his eyes, imagining Y/N putting in lipstick just to kiss the piece of paper before sending it to him. He presses the kiss mark to his lips, imagining Y/N.

If both our lips touch the same spot, does that count as a kiss?

Dream laughs at the thought and turns to the second piece of paper which is folded in half but feels slightly different from the letter.

The only words written on the top are:
Enjoy :)

He unfolds the paper and his eyes widen.

Just then, Sapnap bursts into his room, slamming the door against the wall with a bang.

"HEYYYY! HOW'S MY LOVESTRUCK IDIOT?!"

Dream just stares at the paper in shock, then back at Sapnap.

"Ooooh let me see!" Sapnap bounds over and before Dream can react, snatches the paper from his hands. "Wow— oh..."

His smile drops in a fraction of a second and he turns beet red. Dream just silently holds his hand out for the paper and Sapnap carefully folds it and hands it back.

"Uh," he backs toward the door, laughing nervously. "That's a great picture of some melons."

Dream bursts into laughter as he slams the door. He laughs so hard his stomach hurts and he has to drop the paper to clutch it.

"Oh my god," he lets out one final chuckle and opens the paper again. "Some nice melons indeed."

——————————————————————————————

1,111 words

I have exams coming up soon so this might be my last update until July. I planned to make this chapter longer but the author is very tired...

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!