44. Win It All

Dream POV

The second the timer ends, I rush forward to collect as much sand as I can before heading for the tunnel on my right.

"Karl, as Sand Keeper, you can collect the sand around the main spawn area. Make sure to of the puzzles to get as many coins as possible."

"Got it," I hear him say. I watch as Karl begins to collect the sand around the pillars before heading into a tunnel.

I use a rusty key on the nearest door and head inside the deep caverns of the labyrinth. The first thing I find is a zombie spawner with two zombies already heading toward me.

I quickly kill them before moving on to the next room.

"Dream can you help me with this riddle?" Y/N asks.

"Uhhh," I glance through a part of the wall where I just uncovered a skeleton spawner. "Ask chat to help you, I'm not good at riddles."

"Okay, chat," she says. "What has a head and tail but no body?"

I glance at the answers flying by in chat, most of them saying snake or worm.

"There's no s or w chat," I hear her say as I collect some more sand and coins. I swear softly as a group of silverfish comes swarming down the maze-like tunnels after me. I try to back up and hit them but they keep jumping forward.

I bang my desk out of frustration, accidentally rattling the coin stand. With one hand still on my keyboard, I use the other to fix the stand and place the coins back.

All of them are collectible coins from my merch website.

Dream.shop :)

"Wait a coin!" I suddenly realize the answer to the riddle. "Y/N a coin has heads and tails but no body!"

"Wait," she pauses for a second, presumably trying out the letters. "You're right! It is a coin!"

"Nice job!" Karl says.

"Yes, very intelligent of you Dream," Y/N laughs and I feel my chest warm at the praise.

"Ugh ravagers are the most annoying mob," Tommy grumbles and I picture him in the center lot, fighting off the ravagers.

"Dream?" I hear my name get called but at the same time, I reach a room with zombies swarming around a pedestal with something on it.

"What is it?" I ask, figuring it's probably Karl telling us how much time is left.

"I just found a lava pit with chains going across."

My senses perk up as I realize who's speaking.

"Y/N? Uh— give me one sec," I try to push the zombies away while running around to grab the coins.

"So basically that's the lava parkour," Karl begins to explain.

Thank you, Karl.

"At the end is a gold key. If we can get that key and find the gold vault, we'll get a lot of coins. The only issue is the parkour is pretty hard and if you die, well, it won't be good."

"Chat's telling me to try it," Y/N says. I look over at the chat who is all in agreement that Y/N should try. "I don't have a lot of coins so if I die, it won't be that big of a loss right?"

I bit my lip in contemplation as the tick of the clock sounds.

"Karl, how much sand do we have?" I ask after a few seconds.

"Uhhhh timer is full and I have 17 sand."

Y/N does have a shot at doing the parkour.

And we have enough sand to bring her back.